Sclerotherapy for weight regain after RNY

Anissa M.
on 8/6/14 5:37 am - MI

Hi,

I had RNY in 2006, lost around 90-100 lbs, but never felt like I lost an adequate amount of weight even though I busted my butt for a good 3 years trying to get to goal.  It just never happened. My weight stabilized and remained pretty stead for about 6 years post op.  In February 2013, I had a baby and lost all of my baby weight within 4 weeks.  In August of 2013, I lost my mom and put on 30 lbs. almost immediately, it seemed.  Now my weight is not budging, no matter what I do.  I just had a consult a few weeks ago with Dr. Baker in Grand Rapids, MI regarding sclerotherapy after RNY.  I'm scheduled for my first procedure on September 12th and my insurance covers.  Dr. Baker did say that if he sees something weird once he gets in there, such as stretched pouch, then I'd be a candidate for revision surgery.

I'm just curious about whether or not anyone here has had the sclerotherapy procedure.  How was the procedure itself?  Side effects?  How was the outcome?  Weight loss?

I'm just a little nervous now after reading and researching.  A lot of what I'm reading is that its really just a modest procedure, at best.  And a lot of people say not to waste time/money, max weight lost around 5-10 lbs., etc.

Thanks in advance!

Anissa

Most Active