How to find great dr to revise my RNY...I live in Iowa!

Lollyb
on 7/30/14 12:58 pm - Cedar Rapids, IA

I had an open RNY at Bariatric Treatment Center in Belvidere, IL (Dr Schlesinger, no longer there), in April 2000...yup, 14 years ago.   My GP in Iowa does not seem to be very knowledgable with how to monitor me, tried calling BTC and they were of no help.  In the 14 years since, I've gained back almost all of the weight.  While I can't eat huge amounts of food (thank god!), I do feel like my pouch is bigger than it should be.  As for other issues...low ferritin, vit d deficiency, nasty skin fold rashes, low energy, aches n pains (fibromyalgia).  I am 50 yrs old and wondering if I should have some sort of revision to decrease my pouch size or something?  I'm scared though, and want to find a doc that tis very good and respected in the field.  How can I find the best available in the Midwest?  

MsBatt
on 7/31/14 7:12 am

Before choosing a surgeon, you need to decide which sort of revision you want. Then you can seek out a surgeon highly experienced in doing that particular procedure.

pam_b
on 8/1/14 8:20 am

Check out University of Chicago Bariatric.

mawdebo
on 8/10/14 1:59 pm

I'm in Tijuana now. Dr. Valenzuela did my revision. They are very very good. My husband and niece has been here. I came with them also. Very good doctors. Very knowledgable  . There are several people here this week getting revisions .you can go to mexico bariatric center look for dr Valenzuela. See everything about her and her team. Very good prices cheap . Really good service nice hotel.  Your package would include all hospital,hotel meds. The only yhing it does not cover is airline and they are reasonable.only takes couple days to get approved but u have to get your blood work in the states send to them they look if over to see if they approve you. You have lots of health question air to fill out.

that's if your interested

My first goal 

Most Active