Revision with Medicare

Ladyk5533
on 7/30/14 4:09 pm

I had a pleasant experience except for having a reaction of itching due to anesthesia......so I ended staying until Friday afternoon. I did not have a drain at all.  I did not change the type of originally surgery which was RNY........did you? I was very tired with no energy the 4 days after coming home. I feel much better now, going for walks and incision area sore. I mostly have dealing with head hunger but today it was much better. I'm so glad I did not have the drain as I remember it from the first time and it was horrible and irritating!

pam_b
on 8/4/14 6:53 pm

Had an RNY in 95 and a DS in 2011. Lived in Arkansas at the time but surgery for DS was done in California by Dr.K. Medicare paid for revision all but 20% which my supplement insurance paid. Let me know if you have any questions.   PAM

Chelley0285
on 8/11/14 2:13 pm
Revision on 12/16/14

Update: I got a call from a rather sheepish surgical coordinator who told me the surgeon had viewed my EGD and due to findings Medicare would pay for the removal of the band and I did meet all the requirements for the gastric sleeve. I will start my 14 day pre-op diet 8/19 and am scheduled for surgery 9/2. I am hesitant to get excited because I half expect this gal to call me back and drop the other proverbial shoe. I have so many medical problems that this revision can help resolve. I just want to feel like I'll live past the next decade. I have honestly just been living day by day waiting to die an early death because of my serious co-morbidites. I see a ray of hope!

Most Active