Proximal RNY to Distal---Revision

sandyfeets
on 7/21/14 7:35 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

I had RNY in 2005.  Was successful to a point.  My stoma is enlarged.   I saw my surgeon today and he's presented two choices.   Either one is mine. So my question is:
If you have had your RNY revised and basically gone to a modified "DS"  , how successful have you been?  How much additional weight did you lose?   Anything you wish to tell me/advise. Thanks. 
I didn't think I'd be walking this path, but here I am.  
There will be another post concerning my other surgical choice.   So if you see two posts from me, please make sure you address the one you really have experience with. 

AngelicMythology
on 7/25/14 5:50 pm - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

I had my revision in January 2013. I've lost 90 lbs since revision. Now I have trouble with dairy. I also have to take a dry vitamin d supplement now everyday and do monthly b12 injections. 

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

MsBatt
on 7/26/14 6:57 am

A distal RNY is not really anything like a DS. You'll still have a pouch and stoma, plus an enormous amount of malabsorption, but you won't be able to eat properly to balance that. Have you considered the more effective, true RNY-to-DS revision?

sandyfeets
on 7/26/14 9:20 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

I have, and it's just not possible.   As an 8 year post-op who has done a ton of research and is well aware of all my options, what I listed in this post and another are the ones I have.   Now to decide between the two.

You DSers are rabid about the DS, and I admire that to some extent, but it ain't happening for me. 

snedly318
on 10/14/14 11:11 am - Mine Hill, NJ

Any updates?  I am considering RNY revision to distal RNY as my stom Cannot be touched (per Dr Greenbaum in Nj). 

Karen

Snedly318
Most Active