Revision surgery on July 9th!!!!!!!

LuminousGoddess
on 6/30/14 9:37 am

My revision was approved for a RNY revision to an ERNY (extended rny) in which I will go from 100cm bypassed to 150cm for more malabsorption. My pouch is still the correct size. I started the Optifast 2 week liquid diet last Wednesday. Geez.... It has been challenging. The first three days were easy, but spending a weekend with my family watching them eat delicious Chinese takeout and then having to sit through breakfast with them at a waffle shop really tested my determination. I'm proud I didn't cheat, but the mental hunger is killing me!!!! Only 8 more days to go... Has anyone recently gone through this type of revision that can give me advice on what to expect? I know I will experience excess gas and loose stools... I'm sure I'll have to go through figuring out what I can and can't eat all over again. Any words of encouragement will be much appreciated!!! 

ShebasMom
on 6/30/14 11:44 am, edited 6/30/14 11:47 am
Revision on 07/05/16

I didn't have a revision. My rny was 150 cm bypassed.  My BMI was 50. It wouldn't be fair to compare since I had a 'messed up' slow metabolism from years of yo-yo dieting. I lost 100 lbs very slowly over 18 months, when my malabsorption ended. I didn't reach my goal. I was told that this ERNY bypass would improve my chronic constipation, but it didn't. All of these failures, including weight regain, are related to my slow metabolism. I am considering a distal rny revision with a common channel of 100cm. DS is not an option for me due to GERD.

I wish you good luck with your surgery and new journey.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

rnin2011
on 6/30/14 4:03 pm
I wish you well!! I am considering revision since I have gained over 70 pounds back after my original rny in 2005. Keep us posted on your progress!!

LuminousGoddess
on 7/1/14 1:40 am

Thank you for the encouragement! I was off of work since Friday, first day back and my coworkers can already see a huge difference in my face and other areas. Day 7 of my 2 week liquid diet and I'm feeling good!!! I hope I lose at least 60lbs this time around! 

HW 335, LW 190, CW 275, GW 215

salees5864
on 7/22/14 10:53 am

Congrats on your revision how did everything go?

Most Active