I MADE IT THRU!!!

tashadelight
on 6/27/14 6:13 am - Ypsilanti, MI

surgery went well I was under for 6 1/2 hours. I know longer have two hernia gallbladder, or a bowel obstruction. I had lots of scar tissue and adhesion that were adhering to my liver as well as bowel that took over two plus hours. To make a long story short I am just sleeved he didn't feel like it was safe to keep me under any longer for ds but he said I can get it at a later date I am approved. I feel like I have been hit by a truck. I am walking and have had 3oz of water/protein but it hurts. I am nauseated. Is this normal you guys? The care has been wonderful and I knew it was a possibility I would just be sleeved.

Hislady
on 6/28/14 2:58 pm - Vancouver, WA

Yep you should feel like you were hit by a truck after being under that long. The anesthesia can make you nauseated so ask for something for the nausea, it will pass after awhile. The best thing you can do is walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip then repeat.  This too will pass, who knows you may not even need the rest of the surgery, you may do just fine with the sleeve. Good luck!

tashadelight
on 6/29/14 9:31 am - Ypsilanti, MI

thanks for the support!!!

Most Active