Surgery Monday. Home at last

tbone88
on 6/6/14 12:42 pm - MO

Ok my RNY surgery to RNY revision was Monday morning at 9:00. They started to do the surgery lapscrop but had to convert to an open due to the large amount of scare tissue I had. Woke up to moderate pain not to terrible. Slept most of the day Monday. Woke up about midnight and went for my first walk. The nurse was surprised she said most people can only walk to the door of their room for the first time up out of bed and I waked 2 laps of the hallway. you talk about getting wore out. I slept until about 2 the next afternoon before I got out of bed to try again. By Tuesday evening I was up and down several times it became much easier to walk once the removed that damn catheter from "Little Terry" lol. Suregeons came in and saw me said I was doing great. It was the damn Internal Med doctor of the hospital that kept saying something was wrong with me. I think it was his way to run up my hospital stay first he said I had a fever which I did it was about 99.7 but my damn room kept over heating the air would kick on for a bit and then the heat would actually come on. So he wouldn't release me until that came down. Well the nurse called building maintenance and they fixed they air problem. next he came in and said he wanted a CT scan done to see if I had any pulmonary embolisims (clots). that came back negative so then he comes in and says he thinks I might have the start of pneumonia. Trust me I have had pneumonia several times in my life and I know what it feels like. so he then makes my have chest xrays done and starts me on IV antibiotics. The whole time my surgeon is coming in saying he sees nothing wrong. I told then just remove my drain and I will be better. they finally did that and low and behold I was cured. But this dip **** Doctor says he wants me to keep following up with him so he can monitor my "pneumonia". I told him that is ok I already see an Internal Medicine Doc for my medical needs. And I already go to a chest doctor for any respiratory problems I have and that I have been seeing them for years. He was not happy about that And he released me Friday morning. Before being discharged the hospital sent a liason to mu room asking me about the quality of care I received I told them it was fantastic. But they need to tell the Doctors not to bathe in axe body spray or cologne when they come in to see [patients because it makes it very hard to breathe. As soon as I said that she started laughing and said you must be talking about Dr "@#$%" I said now how on earth did you figure that out. well I guess they have had the complaints about his wonderful aroma before.

So now I am home and just passed my first bit of gas. All I can say about that feeling is "glorious" I have never felt such relief from a fart before.

pineview01
on 6/7/14 1:46 pm - Davison, MI

Congratulations!  Glad you are home in one piece.  What all did you have done?  I hear ya on the doc's and the $$$.  I had plastic surgery and the PS wanted me to stay the night to make sure I didn't have a bleeding issue (I had with the first surgery.)  That was band enough but the hematologist came in and said my hemoglobin was low.  They needed to test to see how low to now if I needed to be infused.  It took a whole day to get the blood drawn and come back and say I was one number from needed to be infused.  So they were ordering a iron pill, another test.  This takes another day.  So my "same day" procedure took 4 days and 3 nights.  Now why didn't they just give me the iron pill to get me going while waiting to see if I needed to be infused I'll never understand.  Better yet give me the pill and send me home and if I needed the infusion, 24 hours later, I could come back for a one hour infusion.

The only reason, insurance was covering the procedure!!!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active