Approved after Peer to Peer

Lizzie_Bennet
on 6/9/14 2:15 pm

[I can't figure out how this web site orders posts. I hope this is under a post from pineview01 about what is covered in therapy.]

Thank you for your honesty! I appreciate it.

pineview01
on 6/10/14 6:07 am, edited 6/17/14 12:59 pm - Davison, MI

You did right.  You just hit the reply under the post you want to respond to.  If you want to respond to the OP hit the general reply or the original post.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Lizzie_Bennet
on 6/9/14 7:52 am

Another week of waiting. The insurance company needed more information faxed to them. But they didn't deny it outright, and the insurance person seemed to think that was a positive thing. But she did say they still might require a peer-to-peer. So we'll see what they say next week!

Bonnie250
on 6/19/14 6:34 am
RNY on 08/25/14

Ok, I am a newby here,going through the classes,and my Sleeeve is supposed to be done late Aug or Sept. I have a code reflux and only when I got pretty heavy...I understand that the sleeve can worsen here, and I am scared after reading this. my surgeon told me that was the only thing about my choice of the sleeve, he was concerned about my reflux. My reflux is controlled with 30mg Prevacid prescription. I am banking on the weight loss helping my reflux.along with the Prevacid...but I read this and I dunno...arghhh

DYFAN
on 6/9/14 5:42 am
RNY on 07/16/14

I got insurance approval for my revision from VSG to RNY after a peer to peer too.  They denied only because they didn't like the code the drs. office used.  I'm scheduled for July 9th. I've wavered back and forth about moving forward with this but in the end the GERD and bile reflux has been too much.  Nexium 40 mg 2/day helps with the acid reflux but nothing helps with the bile reflux.  Also not crazy about taking that much Nexium for the rest of my life.

I too have dealt with the head hunger issues.  See a therapist once a week so hopefully I can overcome this time.

Lizzie_Bennet
on 6/9/14 6:07 am

I have bile reflux too! Thankfully it's not every day, just once in a while. But once in a while is PLENTY. Shudder. Worst stuff in the world.

PPIs work on my GERD for a month or two but then quit. Or I get breakthrough acid in the middle of the day. So I've been switching from PPI to PPI to PPI. I can't even name all of the ones the gastro has had me on! But they all eventually quit working.

I am currently waiting to hear from the doc's office. His gal said if I don't hear from her by an hour from now to call her back. A nurse at the insurance company was looking at my case last week so maybe they didn't outright deny it.

cindyj578
on 6/14/14 6:01 am - Saint Cloud, FL
VSG on 03/08/07 with

I am in the same boat as you.  I had the VSG and did very well, I actually love the procedure, but I got acid reflux so severe that I now have Barretts Esophagus.  The reflux is so severe that I have had to have a tube put in my ear and it actually comes out of my nose.  I aspirate the acid into my lungs and am just miserable all around.  My only hope at this moment is the RNY.  I am scheduled for July 29th and it can't get here fast enough.

Praying for you and that everything goes well for you.  Keep us posted. 

Cindy in Florida

socialite
on 6/15/14 4:27 am - TX

Oh my I'm so sorry that is happening to you. I'm praying for you as well!

Lizzie_Bennet
on 6/16/14 1:47 am

I thought I had it bad!!! Wow! I don't have Barretts--YET. And I have no tube. But I did aspirate the acid into my lungs twice this week, including last night. And then had bile reflux (ew! Ew! EW!) this morning.

I will be following your progress!!!

Bonnie250
on 6/19/14 6:38 am
RNY on 08/25/14

I am scared to have the sleeve now....

Bonnie

Most Active