Sleeve to DS? Anyone?

annarohr
on 7/13/14 9:01 am

Not yet, scheduled for August 21 in Mexico with Dr. Ungson. 

kateface
on 6/16/14 2:10 pm

i have been out on vacation and glad to hear im nit the only one. please let me kniw how i goes. This surgery seems more scary to me. 

kateface
on 6/19/14 1:35 am

Had an appointment with a new Doctor yesterday. They are going to run some test and try to get insurance to pay for revision. We shall see.

jillbeme
on 7/2/14 11:09 am
Revision on 07/29/14

Omg!!! I thought I was alone.  I only lost 40lbs and then nothing worked out ate right nothing, so I gave up.  Meeting with a surgeon next week.  Considering the DS.  I wish everyone luck.

wendypchef
on 7/2/14 11:51 am

For those of you who didn't lose enough with the sleeve, what contributes to it? the surgery not working is a fear of mine. My surgeon and health counselor assure me that I should do great but there's still that nagging fear...

DH & I sleeved Nov 19,2014. http://wholisticwoman.com

annarohr
on 7/5/14 3:48 am

I had a sleeve Nov 2009, worked fine at first, went from size 24 to size 12, then that was it! Weight came back with a vengeance.  The truth is, (or for me and many others), there was no 5 year data back then, we were it!  Now that 5 year data is coming in and the results are regain because despite what is told, the sleeve expands, it expands a lot for some of us, but for everyone it will expand.  And, since it is ONLY a restrictive procedure, when that expansion happens, the weight creeps back on.  In 2009 I started at 287, got down to about 190, now I am 267. 

Frustrating but true.  I am scheduled for a revision to DS on August 21.  I have chosen Dr. Ungson in Mexico because he has a fantastic DS reputation.  My sleeve will most likely need to be resleeved along with the DS.  Scared!  Yep! The reason I chose sleeve only in the first place was to play it safe with this.  But, here I am!  again....

MsBatt
on 7/14/14 5:44 am

The simple truth is that for some people, restriction alone is just not enough. I know that I was born with a super-efficient metabolism, one that could store 4 out of every 5 calories I ate. The more I dieted, the more efficient my metabolism became. By the time I had WLS, I could gain on 1000 calories a day.

The full DS is the ONLY surgery that makes a permanent, dramatic change in how we metabolize food. It causes permanent malabsorption of calories as well as certain vitamins and minerals like the RNY does.

Most people can lose a lot of weight with any form of WLS. For many, the problem is keeping it off long-term, and that's where the DS shines.

Most Active