Question

tppete
on 5/26/14 11:57 pm

Is it possible to get a revision from RNY to Sleeve?

MsBatt
on 5/27/14 3:04 am

Yes, it's possible---but if the RNY didn't work for you, why do you think the Sleeve will? The RNY does have some malabsorption of calories for the first 18-24 months, but the Sleeve doesn't.

You should be looking into getting your RNY revised to a complete Duodenal Switch. The DS has the same stomach as the Sleeve, plus an intestinal bypass that's similar to, but more effective than, that of the RNY. With the DS, you'll always and forever malabsorb a significant per centage of the calories you eat, especially calories from fat. This is why the DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats.

However, this is the most complicated revision there is. Only a handful of surgeons are qualified to do it, and the odds are good that you'll need to travel to get it.

tppete
on 5/27/14 3:33 am

WOW!!  Thank you for the information.  I was not aware of all of that but will research the Duodenal Switch procedure.  I will also need to find out if there are any surgeons in my area that do this procedure.  Not sure if I would be able to travel to have it done.  Thanks again!!

Most Active