Re-sleeve with Dr. Almanza

goddessofthelight
on 5/25/14 4:27 am - Klamath Falls , OR

I have not posted here in an extremely long time due to shame and the feeling of being a looser. But I am back and would like some input regarding my VSG revision surgery with Dr. Almanza.

I had my surgery with Dr. Almanza May 19th and am unsure whether being re-sleeved was worth it. I have very little restriction when compared to the first time, my recovery time has been extremely fast, and I dont know how to tell how to tell how much of my stretched out stomach was sleeved.

I have requested copies of my surgical report from Almanza but he has not gotten it to me yet. I do have a Xray which I can compare to my to my stretched out, original VSG .

Any input or ideas are very welcomed.

pineview01
on 5/25/14 5:55 am, edited 5/25/14 5:55 am - Davison, MI

How stretched out was it?  Did he not recommend adding the DS switch to your surgery or were you against a mal-absorption surgery?  I know he talks about re-sleeving people that the original wasn't shaped properly.  Did someone else do the original?  Did you figure out why it stretched in the first place.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active