Band to Sleeve

schmidtavon
on 5/19/14 10:41 am
VSG on 02/10/14 with
For those who have had band to sleeve revision how much weight have you lost? We're you slow at losing? I have my revision on Feb 10 and I have lost 41 pounds. I haven't lost any weight in a few weeks.
Daily
Protein 60-70 grams
Water 80 ounces
Very few carbs
pineview01
on 5/19/14 1:27 pm - Davison, MI

I'm band to sleeved.  It is really hard to give numbers.  I Lost 20 pounds pre band.  Lost another 60 with the band for literally a week.  It was really 40 pounds for an few months.  I had to have the band totally unfilled at 1 year after problems that started at 8 months.  Gained 30 and than was refilled and unfilled at 2 years.  I gained back to 3 pounds more than the day banded.  The last 9 months with the band being unfilled more every month and working my a** off was able to get 40 pounds back off.  The band was removed 9/12.

The day I was sleeved I was down to 228 which was about were I got down to with the band before problems.  Today I am 158 with the sleeve so down almost 70 pounds.  With the band I never got out of obese, with the sleeve I am with in 5 pounds of normal.  Yes, I lost slower than the virgin sleeves in our Jan group but, I did lose faster than one virgin and got to almost normal which they didn't.

I started with the sleeve with the program you are posting.  When I had trouble my therapist pulled out a program from the Nut before the new one and it got me headed to success.

Protein 80-120 grams

Water at least 80 oz

Carbs < 30-40 

Kicking up the protein helps the healing and weight loss.

I so love my sleeve

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

schmidtavon
on 5/20/14 1:57 am
VSG on 02/10/14 with
Thank you! I really want to lose another 60 pounds. I am going to increase my protein and water.
pineview01
on 5/20/14 5:47 am - Davison, MI

It took me 9 months to lose the 60 pounds.  Than I wet back up 7-10 and have been fitting to get it back of and keep it of the last 7 months.  This is do able but, I won't lie that last 20 takes a lot of work.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active