Staple line failure

onesxychic2
on 5/19/14 9:22 am

I had to have a CT scan of my abdomen last week my doctor called with the results he told me that I have several hernias and "where I they closed me up" from my RNY 14 years ago is now "come undone" i am experiencing severe bloating/swelling of my abdomen with this swelling of my legs and feet I am scheduled to see the surgeon tomorrow morning the surgery be considered an emergency something that will need to be done as soon as possible or right away? Could this possibly be harmful to my health or even cause death?

Brandi Hopkins

pineview01
on 5/19/14 1:51 pm - Davison, MI

It isn't uncommon to have abdominal hernias at the sites where you where opened or the tools inserted.  So it would depend on were and what kind you have how dangerous.  If a loop of bowel slips thru a hole and than tightens it can cause a strangulation.  That isn't common and your surgeon is on this.  The will explain it all to you and let you know how serious your situations is.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active