MAY 5, RNY REVISION>>>Please HELP!!

kaedwards75
on 5/19/14 8:09 am

Hello, My name is Kim i had rny in 2005, gained weight back to 313lbs,,, my lowest was only 234, but my blood pressure creeping back up,, I needed to do something. The revision seems???? successful,, i lost 10 lbs before surgery.. and gained 3lbs back when they weighed me the day before surgery. Im 290 right now. I have some concerns if anyone can help me?? I can drink a bottle of water with crystal light in about 30 mins?? and i just ate a whole container of chobani yogurt? Am i losing weight because of being on liquids? and soft food now? Please im thinking my pouch isnt smaller. But im scared to take it to the limit and feel that pressure im might stretch it.....

Ladytazz
on 5/20/14 1:00 pm

What kind of revision did you have?

Don't worry about being able to drink a lot.  I was able to drink a bottle of water right after my surgery, just the same as before surgery.  Fluids go right through us.  I also never have a problem with yogurt for the same reason.  Once you are able to eat solids you should be able to feel your restriction with dense foods like meats.  That is one of the reasons it is suggested you eat protein first, because protein like meats usually are dense and fill us up and help us not overeat.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

kaedwards75
on 5/20/14 9:06 pm

My pouch was stretched , and i had rny in 2005.. He just made my stomach back to its normal size and got rid of a fistula... I was worried. i ate tuna salad the other night and it didnt bother me at all but i didn't eat much at al.

Cheryl G.
on 5/27/14 10:47 am - Huntersville, NC
Revision on 05/21/14
Cheryl G.
on 5/27/14 10:49 am - Huntersville, NC
Revision on 05/21/14

I had my revision from RNY 2002 to Gastric sleeve. I had a hiatus hernia on top of that. After surgery, recovery was not a smooth transition. Had a GI tube in for 5 days and my pancreatic enzymes were elevated. Inpatient stay was 5 days and home on the 6th on total clear liquids and protein shakes. I can not drink a complete bottle of water in 30 mins. My surgeon has me on a 60 course of 60 oz water, 60g Protein and 60 mins of walking daily. I can barely get down 30 oz because it throbs my GI track and stomach spasm. Use caution on controlling your eating because this is a lifestyle modification. I only gained 60 lbs in 12 yrs but it was too much and malabsorption too. Blessings on your journey. 

Most Active