VSG to ???

NewMe2Be72
on 6/20/14 1:43 am - CO

Hello Lisa... Sadly.. I did not get the revision.. I haven't updated in here.  I have Iron Deficiency Anemia.. my iron levels were way too low to do the surgery.  I am in the process finding out where I am bleeding internally.. looking at female stuff.  I have an ultrasound set up next week to look to see if I have fibroids or?  As soon as I am able to have my iron levels stable, I will be able to get my revision. Could be months :(

MS.LISA
on 6/20/14 3:39 am - Salem, OR

Since my surgery I had my .gallbladder out, and iam anemic also I had upper endoscopy and a lower endoscopy and I have had 2 big iron infusions, I have low white blood cell and low white red sell blood count now, and I have acid coming up into my lungs at night if I eat too late that just about kills me! I still have pretty good restriction but I constantly hungry and I graze alot. I'm super pissed at myself for nothaving the energy to exercise and feel like im going into a big depression because I have my weightI had my surgery in Mexico and I doubt my insurance would pay for a DS?? I can't afford Mexico and pain on my own againhow is your restriction?it sounds like when you get the VSG everyone has similar complications and they never did find out why I am bleeding.

please let me know if they find out something with you, have you gained more or have you lost any? Thank you for your reply have a nice day

NewMe2Be72
on 6/20/14 4:50 am - CO

I just now noticed that you asked about my esophagus... I found out through a panendoscopy  EGD. 

How scary that they don't know why you are bleeding!  Did they look into female stuff?

If you notice the beginning weight on my tracker... that is what it was BEFORE my VSG.  so yes.. I gained most of my weight back. 

MS.LISA
on 6/21/14 12:49 pm - Salem, OR

sodo you think that they found out about thatesophagus problems because you were having acid problems? Did they find out why you are anemic?what was your symptoms for them to check on your esophagus? I have acid coming up into my lungs when I sleep at night I can barely breatheit's is the worst thing ever is that yellow bile stuff that comes up into my throat and down my lungs it feels like I'm dying! Is that something you are having 

MS.LISA
on 6/20/14 3:46 am - Salem, OR

Since my surgery I had my .gallbladder out, and iam anemic also I had upper endoscopy and a lower endoscopy and I have had 2 big iron infusions, I have low white blood cell and low w

redl blood count now, and I have acid coming up into my lungs at night if I eat too late that just about kills me! I still have pretty good restriction but I amconstantly hungry and I graze alot. I'm super pissed at myself for nothaving the energy to exercise and  I feel like im going into a big depression because II had my surgery in Mexico and I doubt my insurance would pay for a DS?? I can't afford Mexico and paying on my own again how is your restriction?it sounds like when you get the VSG everyone has similar complications also they never did find out why I am bleeding.

please let me know if they find out something with you, have you gained more or have you lost any? Thank you for your reply have a nice day

MS.LISA
on 6/21/14 10:26 am - Salem, OR

But did they pay for your VSG first

pineview01
on 5/12/14 1:09 pm - Davison, MI

The next logical step is the DS as you have the first half, vsg.  You first need to see if your insurance covers it and find a good DS surgeon in your area.

The very first thing you need to do is to start journling every bit you eat and liquid calories.  You will be surprised, at least I was, of what was REALLY going into my mouth.  I would also find a therapist that works with people with eating issues.  This sure has helped me get to where I need to be this time around.  Our center required 6 visits over 6 months for a revision and I stayed with her.

Also my insurance required me to be back to a bmi of 35 with co-morbs.  Others are smart enough to know they already admitted you need help when the approved you the first time and don't care your bmi.

Good luck!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

D. Switcher
on 5/14/14 12:55 pm, edited 5/14/14 7:51 pm

New trend for Revision: Sleeve to Bypass is yielding some successful results. DS is double or nothing...too much for some!

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

LngRedRose
on 5/20/14 5:34 am, edited 5/20/14 5:34 am

I am very anxious to see how you do. I am contemplating the sleeve to gastric bypass myself.

Hugs, Karen R. (Mom to TWELVE incredible kids)
Louisiana 

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/21/14 7:38 am

I'm curious why you are contemplating revising to bypass. Is it for gerd, or because that is what your surgeon knows? The DS is a more successful surgery than bypass in almost every way, and you are lucky that you already have half of it done, by having a sleeve. If you revise to gastric bypass, and they cut your pyloric valve, you may lose the option to get is back in the future, and many of the issues with gastric bypass result from having the manmade stoma instead of your pyloric valve. 

I'd think long and hard about the real reason any surgeon would suggest RNY over DS, especially when it's half completed.

Most Active