Revision surgery insurance question

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/14 10:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

For those of you that had a lap band revision, can you tell me how this works?

My surgeon's office told me that Cigna approved the revision to remove my lapband and revise to RNY. It's scheduled for May 12th.

I received a letter from Cigna yesterday saying my Lapband removal has been approved. No mention of a revision to RNY! Is this normal?

My biggest fear is to lose my tool and wake up from surgery with no revision!

If you have experience with this or know how this works, please let me know.

Thank you,

Becky

chicaletta
on 4/29/14 2:32 am
VSG on 04/24/14

My removal of band and revision to sleeve was 2 separate authorizations. I was able to look under the insurance company website and see both were approved, the day before my doctor's office called to tell me. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/14 2:52 am

That's a relief! Yes my surgeons office said I should be getting another approval letter for the revision! 

That's a relief! I wish I could see approvals online with Cigna but all I've been able to look up is processed claims.

How are you liking the sleeve? I started out wanting the DS but the insurance said no unless I had a BMI of 50! I then asked for the sleeve but my Surgeon didn't recommend it because he said I would have bad acid reflux so he said RNY would be best. 

Thanks for your reply!

Becky

chicaletta
on 4/29/14 8:55 am
VSG on 04/24/14

I feel it's still too early for me to know how I feel about the sleeve as this was the first day I felt pretty good. I had a lot of gas pains even with all the walking but it has finally subsided and I think I am going to enjoy this journey. 

Good luck with your RNY!

Most Active