I'm having revision from Band to Bypass tomorrow.....

Plushhugs
on 4/28/14 10:44 am
RNY on 04/29/14

I am having surgery tomorrow from band to bypass and I'm scared....I don't remember having this much anxiety when I got my Lap-band back in 2004. Yes I was younger and I felt like the world was just opening up for me….but now I feel like ok if I fail I have a lot more to lose…..I know I’m sounding negative but this is how I feel….I don’t want to fail……and food is an addiction that I have to face daily.  I just feel like I will be isolated from friends…I have already declined going places these last 3 days that I have been on a liquid diet because I didn’t want to face the temptation of everyone else eating good looking food. Such is life..I will make it through….I just hope I have the willpower I keep telling myself I have, but then again it I had willpower I may not need this surgery. You all be blessed and good luck on your journey.

Hislady
on 4/28/14 12:55 pm - Vancouver, WA

You can't even compare the band and RNY because they are 2 totally different kinds of surgery, the band didn't work for lots of us. It is a joke of a WLS and almost destines you to fail. The RNY has worked for years but you still have to diet and exercise, also you will have to deal with any psychological issues that may be contributing to weight gain. You may want to check out Overeaters Anonymous they even have on line groups I believe. Do take advantage of the first 12-18 mos. of your surgery because that's when your malabsorbtion works its best. You have a very good chance of losing a great deal of weight if you follow your surgeons directions, good luck to you!

tdbull
on 4/28/14 1:45 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I had my revision last August, and I felt the very same way you are feeling now. The band failed us, and we get another chance with revision to RNY. I not only lost the 60lb regain, but another 12 lbs to date, for a total of 82lbs. You can't compare the two WLS tools, but it's hard to explain. Give yourself some comfort in knowing there are others like you out there who have conquered our fears and succeeded. That said, I am in constant fear of regaining since I am only 9 months post op. It just takes our heads longer to catch up to our bodies. Hang in there.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/14 10:44 pm

Good luck today! You should not look at this at a failure. I really feel like my band failed me! You will do just fine. I will be praying for a speedy recovery and that you are filled with a feeling of renewed hope for success!

Take care,

Becky

Most Active