Revision to band vs. DS

Agonee
on 4/26/14 12:23 pm

I had an RNY in 2002 and regained all the weight I lost.  Which revision is best BOB or DS?  Has anyone had RNY to DS with an NYC surgeon?  thanks.

Agonee
on 4/28/14 3:25 am

Any comment on this topic would be greatly appreciated.  I have noticed that many have revised to DS.  Is there any success revising to the band?  And which NYC surgeon would you suggest?  Thanks.

pineview01
on 4/28/14 8:26 pm - Davison, MI

There are very few surgeons that do the RNY to DS as it is a very hard surgery and you want the most experienced.  I had a band and wouldn't wi**** on my worse enemy.  There are a couple here with the BOB and they are doing well.  The thing is most of them haven't had them long enough to start having the issues.  The manufacture has come out and admitted they are a temporary and will need to be replaced.  I haven't heard of anyone making it 10 years with out issue.  The DS would be a permanent revision with much better results.

You might want to post this on the DS boards.  If you post it on the band boards you will find them very negative and for good reason.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Agonee
on 4/29/14 5:32 am

Thank you so much for your reply.  

Most Active