Revision from RYN to DS in Mexico!!!

dzakpasu
on 4/25/14 5:50 am - Baltimore, md

Hi everyone l will like to hear from anybody who have revision surgery in Tijuana with Dr Jesus Ortiz please l will like to hear from you. Please, Please!!!!

clpeltz
on 4/26/14 10:14 am

No, no, no.  Ungson is the ONLY one you should be dealing with in MX for a revision.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

mweb
on 4/28/14 2:43 am

Can you qualify your statement about only using that doctor? Is there a reason? I'm also looking at Dr. Ortiz for a lapband to sleeve revision.

pineview01
on 4/28/14 7:43 pm, edited 4/28/14 7:48 pm - Davison, MI

If you are going lapband to sleeve revision that is one thing.  Your subject states RNY to DS in Mexico and Dr Ortiz would not be the surgeon for that and the reason for the post.

There is a lot posted about Both Dr. Ortiz on the Mexico board and I would read there.  Keep in mind there are TWO Dr Ortiz doing bariatric surgery in Mexico reported here.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mweb
on 4/28/14 10:42 pm

That is a good point, as I'm using Dr. Ariel Ortiz.  I just was wondering if there was some bad thing or something that I needed to know about.

pineview01
on 4/29/14 12:54 pm - Davison, MI

I would do a band to sleeve with him.  He has good PR so brings in a higher fee.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Whit
on 5/2/14 1:31 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi, This Dr is not a revision Dr. At least I have not heard of him as a vetted DS surgeon let alone revision to one. Dr Ungston of Ascevetes are the only revision Surgeons in Mx I know of and the drive is only 2 hours away. 

http://www.gastricsleevesurgeon.com/revision_surgery.html

Dr. Ara Keshishian preformed my revision surgery and I still had complications. 

Good luck.

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

dzakpasu
on 5/6/14 8:07 am - Baltimore, md

Hi thanks for your information please if you don't mind can you tell me your experience with the revision because thou l want to do this it will be nice to hear from somebody who actually went thru so l can decide if to just have my RYN repair or go for the DS.

Thanks

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/7/14 6:17 pm

There are folks on the DS board who have had the RNY to DS revision, but not in Mexico.

Most Active