gastric bypass revision on May 8

shona67
on 1/1/15 1:38 pm - Lancaster, TX

Please give me some advice, I had the gastric by pass in 2005 & now scheduled for the DS but I'm really scared because I too only want to be at a weigh goal of 175lbs & wAs told with the DS I will loose 70lbs or more, right now I weight 215lbs & Dnt want to loose that much. What is the difference you notice going from the gastric to the DS

nicoletta84
on 4/24/14 1:17 pm

Yes off the fertility pills. I wanna get down lower before I think about trying again. Maybe in 3-5 more years 

AngelicMythology
on 4/26/14 2:15 pm - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

I'm an rny to rny revision. I started at 235 in January 2013. I'm 148 right now. 

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

nicoletta84
on 4/26/14 2:17 pm

Do you have any advice for me? How are ur eating habits? Exercise habits? 

AngelicMythology
on 4/27/14 8:05 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

My advice is not to overdo it. After my revision, I was pushing myself too much. Regardless of how you feel after your revision, you still just had surgery. Listen to your body. 

I'm still working on my eating habits. I know I need to eat a lot more but I struggle with getting in all the protein. I forget at times to eat.  That was a bad habit I had the first time around and I ended up losing too much weight and looking sickly.  I've been trying to plan snacks into my work day per my nutritionist's suggestion. I hoping it'll become routine eventually.

My exercise isn't anything great. I need to do more of that and probably a bigger variety. I do 100 crunches every weekday once I get home from work. More recently I started walking a few times a week at this large park we have here in Buffalo. It's 1.7 miles each time around. I've started going 2 times around, and working slowly up to 3times. 

My exercise bike, I do the program that takes me 20 minutes to do. I forgot how many miles it is, but it changes the biking patterns up. I think it's something like 10- 13 miles. Lol, I'm slow but I just am trying to keep moving. That I also do 1-2 times a week. 

I signed up for the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge in June. My goal is not to be the very last person to finish, lol.

I still am very cautious to celebrate success as I feel I'm still in that "honeymoon" stage. I know regardless, my weight has been and always will be a battle for me.

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

nicoletta84
on 4/27/14 10:14 am

Wow thanks that's awesome advice. The first time around in the first 6 months I played by the rules.. but as soon as I hit a year I broke all the rules.. Went to drinking alot of beer. Then stopped drinking and went to fertility pills and shots blowing me up even more. And I thought I would never gain after surgery . Boy was I wrong and bam. . Back to almost where I started. I actually just went to the extreme and did a extreme makeover weight loss move. . I threw out my living room furniture and now am slowly buying kettle bells weights .. workout dvd. I love zumba and Jillian michaels.  Now I'm gonna have a second chance and I know exactly where I went wrong and a 3rd surgery is not an option.  I went to a consult in ny and one in nj for the ds but I take certain meds that I can't be without and the ds might be a really bad move. So I decided to redo the bypass. But my doctor said he's not gonna make it more distal. He's gonna make smaller pouch and fix hernia and stoma opening that's enlarged. I keep hearing revision rny to rny people not loosing much weight only 15-20pounds . I hope I can lose the way u do ;)

shona67
on 1/1/15 1:40 pm - Lancaster, TX

Please give me some advice, I had the gastric by pass in 2005 & now scheduled for the DS but I'm really scared because I too only want to be at a weigh goal of 175lbs & wAs told with the DS I will loose 70lbs or more, right now I weight 215lbs & Dnt want to loose that much. What is the difference you notice going from the gastric to the DS

Most Active