RNY-RNY Revision

KiKi31
on 3/19/14 5:07 am

I was having weight regain, inability to lose, pain, discomfort and test confirmed i have a huge gastric fistula. Doctor says he has to fix it. He submitted my claim to AETNA a week ago. He said it usually takes 2 weeks for approval and surgery will be in April! 

Any one experience something similar?

Did you lose weight quickly, did it stay off? Are you able to build muscle through weight lifting? Was the recovery easier? Harder?

Thanks

KiKi31
on 3/20/14 3:56 am

Approved! still waiting for responses... 

tbone88
on 3/20/14 10:08 am - MO

I too have Aetna (gold plan). I am currently seeing a surgeon for a RNY to RNY revision. First I have to go thru all my surgeons requirements before they will submit to insurance. I need to take a nutrition class, see the psychologist, and a couple of other things. I am hoping I have no problems getting approved for the revision. Mine is actually a revision of a revision. I went to Mexico in 2013 to have and RNY-RNY done but it didn't get done all they did was bypass more intestine which has given me nothing but problems. I don't digest food very well anymore it goes in and shoots right back out. Surgeon said they should not have done what they did and he is going to fix it along with my pouch and stoma.

AngelicMythology
on 3/21/14 11:52 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield. My weightloss has been slow. I am a rny to rny revision. I started prior to revision in January 2013 at 235 pounds. It is 14 months later and I am 149 pounds now. I am losing slow but at least it is coming off. No major events.

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

Karen M.
on 3/28/14 9:56 am

I am also a rny to rny revision my surgery was December 6,2013 and I have only lost 15 lbs. My weight is 210 and it been there for 1 month I have even start taking weight loss shots .

nicoletta84
on 4/24/14 11:56 am

We are kind of the same weight. I had bypass in 206 I weighed 235 with comorbities now I'm 210 and going for revision on May 8 in 2 weeks. What is the reason ur not loosing alot of weight. What does the doctor say?

Most Active