Scared of Surgery on 3-28 Band to sleeve revision. Had band since 2003!

lovemyhorse
on 3/16/14 6:36 am

After trying for over a year to get insurance to pay, decided to self pay for band to sleeve. Ive had the band for a long time without any success. Any weight I lost was because I was on a diet. So had EGD and UGI and no erosion and stomach looks okay. Band has slipped but not dangerously. Anyway. I go for pre-op testing on 3/19 and surgery on 3/28. I am awful about obsessing about things and I convinced myself that I am going to have a leak or something horrible happen since I have had the band so long. Very stressed in Texas!! Anyone else have a revision after so long?

Hislady
on 3/16/14 1:08 pm - Vancouver, WA

Oh there have been hundreds if not thousands of band to sleeve or RNY revisions! Most do just fine and a few have problems but nothing terribly serious. They really can't tell what is up with a band until they get inside, as long as there isn't too much scar tissue you should do just fine. Don't look for trouble before hand it will just drive you crazy! Best of luck to you!

pineview01
on 3/16/14 4:30 pm - Davison, MI

I was stressed when I finally was approved to be sleeved.  I think it is normal when we have "failed" diets and than with the band.  I had my band out 9/13 and got sleeved on 1/22/14 and it is the best thing I ever did for myself.  Good luck!  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

peanut16
on 3/19/14 7:11 am - Willow Spring, NC

yep I am in the same spot.  I got my surgery date of april 9th and my band has slipped.  So doctors are moving fast on me.

Peanut16

Most Active