4 days post op

SlimDe
on 3/6/14 4:45 pm

Well I'm home now. Sore?  Absolutely, but I remember being more sore with the band.  Surgery went very well. I had two people to tell me two things that stuck in my mind........1.  Don't be superwoman, take the pain med and I did. 2. Walk, walk and walk some more. Thank y'all, that was the best advice I was give, 

So now let the healing continue at home.

Epthomas59
on 3/6/14 10:09 pm

Best of luck. I know things will work out for you. I am looking forward to my revision.

lalalyric
on 3/7/14 3:45 am

I am new to this forum.  I have R & Y by pass 11 years ago and have gained back 60 of the 110 that I lost.  I never had any of the serious side effects that so many talk about.  Virtually no dumping, no vomiting no nausea.  I have often wondered just how effective this surgery was for me.  I am going to the seminar for revision surgery on March 20th.  About how long does it take from the time you meet with your doctor to the actual surgery...approximately?  Just wanted an idea.  Thanks and it's good to be here and talk to others about the same struggles

SlimDe
on 3/8/14 1:21 am

Hello! Im sure it depends on the procedures of your doc, but i had my date from the first appt., the date was 2 weeks out which i was shocked. I had pre-op work to do, so the 2 weeks was needed. Once your insurance approves its a quick proces if your going that route. Best of luck.

SlimDe
on 3/8/14 1:11 am

Thank you.Best wishes to you as well. Do you have a date yet?

Epthomas59
on 3/8/14 3:22 am

Wow that is fast. My insurance is Carefirst BCBS Choice Open Access, which they will approve.  My appointment and my daughter who is 18 and needs WLS is scheduled for 14 March. Gosh I hope both ours goes as fast as yours SlimDe!

pineview01
on 3/7/14 3:47 am - Davison, MI

Glad to hear all went well!

add a number 3) sip, sip and sip some more!   of coarse that is protein shake in those glasses or water.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

lalalyric
on 3/10/14 2:16 am

How much have you lost since your sleeve?  How long did it take you?  I was contemplating having BOB but if the sleeve or another surgery will be more effective then I want to make sure I opt for the best procedure!  Any suggestions?

pineview01
on 3/10/14 3:29 pm - Davison, MI

What I lost is kinda hard to determine.  I started the whole thing at 280, band at 257 and got to 198 for a couple days but 210 was the lowest recorded.  Than with band trouble made it back to 260.  When I was sleeved, I had been able to get back down to 230/240 with fluid removal and hard work.  With the sleeve I was able to get down to 160 by 8 months and am now maintaining between 160/65.  So I guess that is about 70/80 pounds in the 8 months.  Is that clear as mud 

I personally don't recommend the band for anybody.  Most people with the BOB haven't had them long enough to get to the point we are so haven't hit the problem stage yet.  Our center that does a few bands yet won't do the BOB.  I love my sleeve, so glad to get rid of the band and it's problems.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

lalalyric
on 3/11/14 1:13 am

Thank so much for the info.  What I DO know is that I don't want to do a procedure that will ultimately fail and I wont be able to reach my 150/160 goal weight.  If I am going back in for surgery I want it to be something that will work!  Was yours done laproscopically?  I am hoping that this next procedure will be able to be done that way and not with a midline incision like my R&Y gastric by-pass.  How long ago did you have the sleeve done?  Did you have complications?  How is your eating now?  Thanks again for helping me walk through this process!

Most Active