do I belong in this forum?

Lilrebel
on 3/4/14 8:19 am

I am a long term lap band person who is soon to become a RNY person due to medical complications. Scared and do not know where to go or where to start. Anyone with advice?

Hislady
on 3/4/14 2:19 pm - Vancouver, WA

Yep you're in the right place, many lap banders have had to have theoir bands removed and have revised to other surgeries. So you are far from alone, you may want to also ask on the RNY forum asking for help from other ex banders to get more input.

tdbull
on 3/4/14 11:47 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I revised from band to RNY and have never felt better. I dealt with not being able to get enough restriction to keep weight off and then got severe acid reflux. Surgeon recommended band removal and RNY, which I did all in 1 surgery, along with having my gallbladder removed. No problem with gallbladder, just read that there are many RNYers who end up with stones and need another surgery to remove gallbladder. Anyway, I update my photos and blog monthly so if you're interested in my detailed story you can read them. Short story - I lost all my weight and more in under 7 months and still losing, and I feel awesome, and not 1 bout of reflux. Best of luck to you.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Lilrebel
on 3/19/14 1:51 pm

Awesome. That makes me feel better. I am only a candidate for RNY because of other damage and have been a little fearful of the malabsorption. I know now this is the way to go and I need to get it done. The reflux is awful even with all of the meds I take. I can't get the band unfolded because the port is flipped totally backwards. Hopefully not to much longer. Dang insurance company.

pineview01
on 3/6/14 12:23 pm, edited 3/6/14 12:25 pm - Davison, MI

You will see many, many here that had bands.  Just start reading down thru the old thread and I'd say at least 1/3 are band to RNY, almost as many are band to VSG/DS.  Find the band 2 RNY threads and check out the profiles for those that are public.  Or you can ask post starters to friend you and ask if they have time to talk.  Make a friend or two to help you thru this.  

Check out the failed band group and ask to join.  You will find great info and many stories that will sound like you posted.  I did at least.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active