band coming out soon.

lucky62756
on 2/24/14 8:54 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

Band is coming out as soon as I have a EGD. There is something new out there called "Gastric Plication", after the band is removed they fold the stomach over and stitch it and it becomes a "sleeve" just like the VGS but no cutting.. Please google it... this will give the band area time to heal and still help in the weighloss. most patients do not have to have another surgery.. I am going for it.. If it doesn't work then maybe VGS in the future.. but if it does I will be one step ahead of the game without having to have another surgery,,,,, and why gain more weight with nothing there while waiting to heal from the band.. sounds like a plan... 

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

Hislady
on 2/24/14 11:16 am - Vancouver, WA

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read my reply on the sleeve forum.

JudeS
on 2/25/14 12:42 pm - Sulpur, LA
On February 24, 2014 at 7:16 PM Pacific Time, Hislady wrote:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read my reply on the sleeve forum.

How about posting the reply here or providing a link please. 

I am looking at the same thing.

Hislady
on 2/28/14 4:22 am - Vancouver, WA

Ummm cause I'm techno challenged and don't know how.  I have to do it the old fashioned way and scroll to find Lucky's post, sorry. I think basically I said that it is a newer not well tested (using us as guinea pigs) surgery and from what I have read here and on other forums it causes necrosis of the stomach tissue where the folds are and for me the biggest issue is that it doesn't remove the part of the stomach that produces grehlin. That is one of the biggest reasons the real sleeve helps weight loss because with the sleeve it is removed (also the stretchier part of the stomach) where with the plication it is still there and causing hunger just like with the band. They told us all the same BS with the band back when I got it, that it was least invasive, good for a lifetime, will curb hunger and that we'd lose as much as an RNYer only over a 5 yr. time span. All proven to be BS now but too late for us that believed it back then! The real sleeve has been around for over 50 years as a cancer and ulcer surgery and has been very effective at weight loss which is why they are now using it for that too. I wouldn't let anyone give me a plication if they gave me a million dollars to do it! My health is far more important than money! Feel free to PM me if I can help.

pineview01
on 2/28/14 9:29 am - Davison, MI

Lucky PLEASE, PLEASE read hislady's advise.  The Gastric Plications doesn't do what they are saying and has as many or more issues than the band.  The only plication that I would recommend is the "resleeve" when they just fold in a very small amount and than overstich.  Please don't set yourself up for another bad WLS!  Get the band out and than heal from it with out messing up the stomach even worse.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

lucky62756
on 2/28/14 9:45 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

The folding over of the stomach is what the dr said, he said the part of the stomach is fold then folded a second time and stitched. Had said not as small as the " sleeve ". He lets enough stoma*****ase I would want the "sleeve " later on . That is if the " folding " doesn't give me weightloss. He says he has done the. " folding " for many years for band losers. While they heal, some go back for the sleeve others for bypass, he has never had anyone complain about problems , I do trust him he is very well know dr at Ostopathic hospital in Harrisburg Pa, 

2/09 pre. 264.7            214 lbs. Band removal.  4/29/20014       revision to sleeve 12/2/14  243.4

pineview01
on 2/28/14 9:51 am - Davison, MI

I know what the placation is.  I have been following it since I first heard of it a few years ago.  So, he is doing them as a temp fixed with the understanding that the patient will convert to a permeated WLS?  I hadn't heard of that.  If you do this keep us updated please.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

lucky62756
on 2/28/14 10:01 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

Didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what it meant, sorry! When I googled gastric plication it showed a folding in of the curve of the stomach ( pushing inside) he told me he folds the stomach over twice, he said about 70 percent of his patients do not go back for another surgery. 

Colleen S.
on 2/28/14 10:48 am - Mechanicsburg, PA

Lucky, 

Will  Dr. DiMarco not do a straight revision to sleeve or rny when taking out the band?   Is he only giving you a choice to take the band and let the stomach heal for awhile with no revision or  take the band out and do the plication while your stomach heals?  I am thinking of going back, but only want one more surgery.  If I decide I was hoping to get the sleeve at the same time he takes the band out.

lucky62756
on 3/1/14 12:04 am - York Haven, PA
VSG on 12/02/14

He said he likes the band to heal first, because of scar tissue,, I  not having really major problems yet, I judge dont want to wait until it's to terrible with major problems, I am hoping there isn't a lot of scare tissue and he can just do the sleeve the same day, I am still researching the " folding of the stomach" apparently it isn't the size as the gastric plication" he will fold the stomach once, stitch it then fold again the stitch it, the gastric plication folds the curve part of the stomach into itself the they stitch it, I will talk to him more after my scope test. My appt with him is March 24 I will let you know what happens

Most Active