Finally approved, now completely panicking! !

kdbird
on 2/20/14 9:40 am

My first post...

I was approved yesterday for revision from band to rny. I have been fighting w insurance since October. I was approved and now I am completely panicking. Do I really want to do this? Can I do this? I am 35 years old and have one child. Do I want to have another child?  Should I wait until I have another baby? Do I even want another baby? I cannot figure out what is right for me. Its like all I ever wanted was to be approved. And now that I have it I am completely panicking. Do I really want to put my body through all of this again.??   I just hope that I am making the right decision for me and for my family. Did you ever go through any of this? Please give me advice. Please tell me what to do. Please tell me that all of this freaking out is completely normal :-). Thank you so very much!!!!

Linda K.
on 2/21/14 12:04 am - Omaha, NE

freaking out is completely normal. I went same thing. I have been fighting for my surgery since September 2013.  when I got my surgery I wondered the same thing you are.it is up to you to do this surgery. You want to be healthy for your child. You want to be healthy for your husband. But the biggest thing is you want to be healthy for yourself!   although I did not have to consider children in my decision, I did the same soul searching that you are doing now.  all I can say for myself is this was the best decision I have ever made. Good luck and I hope all goes well with you.remember that others have gone through the same thing you are going through now.  This is the best place to find the support you need to make this decision.  

pineview01
on 2/21/14 8:11 am - Davison, MI

I hear yeah!  I sure went thru much more with my sleeve revision than when I was banded.  I too had to fight hard and than after scheduled, started getting cold feet.  After all I had "failed" at a WLS.  We spent our lives "failing" at diets.  This time around has been great and a true blessing.  I am so, so happy I went thru this for me.  Do you have a therapist to talk this thru?  I got a therapist to work things out this time and that was also a major difference and is a necessity to me.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active