Help! i can't eat without being sick

Lizabeth71
on 1/30/14 10:26 am

Had Open RYN in 2007. I was 285lbs....5'5.. Went down to 113 lbs.. now i'm up to 190lbs. its not so much my weight that i am concerned over.. but I can hardly eat.. few bites here, few bites there.. then I feel very sick,, sometimes throw up and in some pain and sometimes bloated.. almoast everytime I eat.. Example: For dinner I had three medium size bites of a salad with two itty bitty pieces of cheese.. that was it! I'm sick in bed with pain for 20 min.. ugh.. no matter what I eat,, healthy or unhealty its only a few bites then im sick... I can drink just bullin soup, 1 cup, and i get sick this way.. the only thing i swear doesn't make me sick is coffee or tea..BUT!! i'm not loosing any weight.. I went to the hospital, but they give me stomach pills which don't work.. My old Bariatric doctor won't take my insurance..and the nearest Bariatric doctor is 2 hours away.. AHHHH..lol.. Any Ideas here??

Ladytazz
on 1/31/14 3:16 am

How long as this been going on?  You need to drive the 2 hours and see the bariatric surgeon and get checked out.  First thing I would guess would be an EGD to check the status of your pouch and stoma.  Two random, unprofessional thoughts would be either a stricture or an ulcer.  Do you have your gallbladder?  That could be a problem, too.  But I am not a doctor, I am just passing along what I have seen and heard from other post ops.  The point is, get ye to the doctor and don't let them blow you off.  There are many things that it could be and many of them can be very serious.  It is not normal to not be able to tolerate food and don't let some doctor who hasn't done any tests to tell you it is.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

dkennedy89
on 3/26/14 12:14 pm - Southfield, MI

Hello,

I had WLS and have been continuously sick ever since. I ended up having another WLS ONLY for the reason that I was unable to eat or keep it down if I did eat. I've also had a feeding tube and TPN twice. I had to switch Doctors to have a ulcer removed by surgery. The new Dr. is soooo much better. I just recently lost a bunch of weight (I do not need to lose any more weight) and have continuously been sick since February 4th to now. The new GI Dr. I was referred to heard only the beginning of my symptoms and immediately recommended I have a Hydrogen Breath Test to test for SIBO. I went home and looked that up and I was thinking how close all my GI symptoms matched a lot of those symptoms of SIBO. If I was you I would defiantly recommended you look that up and see if any of your symptoms match and if they sound like they do Id try and see a GI doctor to rule it out.

Good Luck with everything   

Denise

pineview01
on 2/4/14 7:24 am, edited 2/4/14 7:24 am - Davison, MI

Make the two hour drive.  If it is a stricture they may be able to stretch it out so you can eat healthier.  You may have a condition hypo something can't remember at the moment and need to have your rny taken down.

ps ask if the new surgeon has even done a take down, how many, results and if they ever do a sleeve later and have experience doing it.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active