1 week post op revision

Shymtflower
on 1/28/14 8:24 am

Hi All, I just am 1 week post op my revision from the band to the sleeve.  My scale said I am down almost 30 pounds since the surgery and I am always getting cold chills? Temp. is normal and I have a follow up with the doctor tomorrow to get my tube out. any slowing down on the drainage? it seems that the more I drink the more the tube is draining?

Thanks  

Shyann

Believe laughIm'possible

pineview01
on 1/28/14 10:48 am - Davison, MI

The drainage in the tube doesn't have anything to do with drinking if you are talking about the drain.  Mine didn't come out until 2 weeks out as they still hadin't slowed down enough at one week.  Great job on the 30 pounds, that is amazing and took me months.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ladygodiva1228
on 1/30/14 11:32 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Can I ask you two ladies a question?  Did you have the band out and the sleeve done at the same time or did you have to wait and have two surgeries? 

I go next week to my doctor to discuss getting the band out after 10 years and I would like to revise to the sleeve.  The first 5 years of having the band I did very well lost 90lbs, but then started having small issues with my port and the last 3 years I haven't been able to have a fill and my band is empty.  Of course put weight back on thankfully not the entire 90lbs, but enough that I feel miserable.  

Thanks.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

pineview01
on 2/4/14 7:18 am, edited 2/4/14 7:20 am - Davison, MI

Here is my revison history: my center requires a wait between surgeries.  They base this on the ASMBS recomendations and they are a COE!  That said I was upset and tried to talk the surgeon into waving his/their 2 month wait and doing it in one as the insurance stated they would pay for the revision if I did it in one, even with the Once-in-a lifetime policy.  I needed the band removed so had it done even though I may never get my sleeve.

Life happend and two of the surgeons left.  The 3rd surgeon, one of the surgeons that started and earned the COE, was left and he required a 4-6 month wait.  He explained everthing to me and made me understand the complication rates for doing the surgery in one and waiting and giving this medical explaination made me OK with the 4 month wait.  (During this time I fought insurance for revison and based on what they found when the band was removed approved it.)

I have been tracking people on here that have had complications with revisions and all have had it done as one surgery.  That said many have it all in one with out ANY complications.  To date our center hasn't has a single leak doing the band to sleeve in two stages.

That's my story!  Good luck and let us know what they have to say.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active