Insurance question, has anyone hears this?

Jody B.
on 1/31/14 2:36 am - Corsicana, TX

Ah, I see now!  Thank you so much.  I hope my question didn't sound mean.  That's the problem with texts, but I so appreciate you explaining it to me.  

pineview01
on 2/4/14 6:37 am - Davison, MI

Nope not at all.  Just something we all do from time to time (hyjacking) without meaning to.  Been there, done that.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

traceydj
on 1/28/14 11:07 pm

Hey HKFandora.

WHy do you think your sleeve has mechanical failure?

I could see a band..having mechanical failure because it is a "thing" inside of the body and those bands can slip..mine has 3 times. But how would a sleeve fail mecahnically?  Just curious..Also,. i am in the process of getting a revision from band to sleeve. My band reall has had many mechnical failures along with me having almost all of the bad side affects.    THe dr's ofice that i got to said i needed to start from scratch..as if a new bariatric patient..meaning. 6 months diet records BMI of 35..etc.  I didnt accept that..i am not a new patient...i called BCBS of Michigan and if the Bariatric Dr can prove that the band has malfunctioned.. I can get approved to go to a sleeve.. so my fingers are crossed. If i were you, i would call the insurance company..and ask them directly.  I did and the rep called the dr's office and explained that they are coding the surgery wrong.

Dont give up.

I have faith that you will get what you need done!

Most Active