Revision and TriCare Standard

healthyme34655
on 1/19/14 6:53 am

I had an RNY in 2001. Gained all but 35 pounds back. Not proud of this, but would like to begin to pursue a revision. Does anyone have experience with TriCare Standard and revisions?

beautiful24
on 1/21/14 2:13 am

I was thinking the same thing except I had the lap band.  Let me know if you hear anything please

Brenda Holmes
on 3/22/14 2:36 pm - Plano, TX

Hello Please let me know I am trying to have the same thing and don't  know if Tricare will pay anything.

MsBatt
on 3/23/14 2:47 am

I'm not familiar with TriCare, but---what sort of revision are you considering? Do you know that you have a mechanical failure, such as an enlarged stoma or pouch? A fistula, maybe?

If youo don't have a mechanical defect, a revision isn't likely to do you much good. How's your eating? Do you journal your food? (If not, now's the time to start.) Can you post a typical day's food here? Maybe we can give you some pointers.

Whit
on 3/25/14 9:11 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Last I heard Tri-Care Standard did not cover revisions to WLS. However they did cover mine as my secondary insurer. As long as my primary insurer, Anthem  BCBS, deemed it medically necessary and approved the surgery. It was and they did.

Good Luck

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Brenda Holmes
on 3/25/14 12:46 pm - Plano, TX

Hello thanks for posting I am in beginning stage of researching the Revision from RNY to where they will make my pouch smaller.  The Dr. I consulted with was Dr. Todd McCarthy.  I also have Tri-Care Standard It is deemed medically necessary to have the revision.

Most Active