considering revision

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/14 6:25 am - Lower Burrell, PA

I'm so disappointed. My do told me this is probably it. I'm probably the weight I'm going to stay. My nut had me gain weight to be sure I qualified for the surgery and from my TRUE starting weight I'm only down 25lbs it's 58 lbs since surgery but I'm no where near where I want to be. I'm not sure if I am a candidate for a second surgery or if my insurance will cover it so I don't know if I should get a revision or maybe a tummy tuck to see where that brings me. I had the vsg in May and haven't lost an ounce since October. I keep loosing and regaining the same four pounds. So what do you guys think? Have any of you had revision from vsg to bypass? I'm really freaking out here and I'm soooo depressed. Help anyone?

Hislady
on 1/17/14 9:39 am - Vancouver, WA

I think your doc is a "nut"! You aren't even a year out yet, what are you eating and are you logging what and how much you are eating. You need to be eating dense protein first, then your veggies for a daily total of 600-800 calories a day. If you are doing that and exercising 3-5 x a week you should continue to lose even with an occasional stall. IF you decide to revise it would make far more sense to revise to a DS because the sleeve is the beginning part of the DS. There is really no reason to be so upset, sounds like you just need to get back to basics and work your sleeve like you did in the beginning. People lose 100-200 with the sleeve so there is no reason why you can't too. Hang out on the sleeve forum and they will help you out.

Whit
on 1/17/14 11:56 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

I agree with hislady it is to soon to determine if you need a revision. IMHO you should give it more time. Could you have a mechanical malfunction maybe but to soon to look into that. Consider all of your option first. If you do decide to revise I strongly recommend DS you have the first part already. RNY is not the best option.

Best

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

MsBatt
on 1/18/14 6:01 am

How many pounds do you need to lose to reach goal? What's your BMI? Most insurance companies won't cover a revision unless you 1) have a mechanical failure, 2) have had serious regain, or 3) still have a BMI above 40.

Most Active