Newbie Here -- Revised LB to VSG on 1/2/2014

SpideyMom
on 1/6/14 8:51 am

Happy new year to me! I had my horrible lapband removed and had a VSG on Jan. 2. I am in the hardest part of it all, I believe -- the liquid only phase. I've had a lot of incisional pain, but no internal pain, thankfully! A good friend of mine told me my pain would be less if I kept hydrated, and by that she said (from experience) 1 sip every 30 seconds. Well, I can tell you, it's true. I have much less pain now that I'm rehydrated. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A little about me, I was banded in 2009, lost 113 pounds, and life was great....until it wasn't. Started having terrible band problems, couldn't keep food down, all restriction was taken out, and I regained 75 pounds over a year and a half. Now I start the climb back down. Was really scared to do the VSG revision, but decided it was best for my health. Would love to find people here to connect with!

BTW, it's been so long, where do I find tickers? Thanks!

Ann

Hislady
on 1/6/14 12:31 pm - Vancouver, WA

You should post on the VSG forum they will be more than happy to help you out an it's a much more active forum than the band forum.

SpideyMom
on 1/6/14 12:32 pm

Thanks!

pineview01
on 1/7/14 5:49 am, edited 1/7/14 5:49 am - Davison, MI

Hi and Happy New year to you.  I had my band removed 9/4/12 and got my sleeve 1/22/13.  I didn't have much pain with the sleeve at all.  It was much easier than getting the band or getting it removed.  I had the morphine pump taken off after using it for a few pushes and figuring out it was making me sick.  Other than that I had oral pain med just before leaving the hospital for the ride home (still thanking the nurse who talked me into it.)  Than at night the first three night.  I didn't need any during the day.  The pain I did have was from the gas and pain meds don't help that.  For that, I walked, walked, walked and sipped, sipped and sipped more.

OH has a ticker here but I don't know how to use it.  Mine is from the ticker factory, If you click on mine it takes you there than you can click to make a new one.

We have a group here for band to sleevers.  Would love to have you join and check it out.  PM if you want to talk.

I love my sleeve as much as I hated my band.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Mike1300
on 1/13/14 10:29 am - Pell City, AL

Congrats. The band to sleeve is what I am seeking. What insurance did you have and how did you fight to get it? I dont think I have any complications but regained my weight since the surgery 2 years ago. 

Thanks

Mike

Most Active