Revision surgery with Dr. Quilici anyone?

NTR555
on 1/4/14 12:45 pm - SYLMAR, CA

I am in the process of a revision surgery with Dr. Quilici anyone have it and if so was it laproscopic?

Thanks

pineview01
on 1/4/14 3:46 pm - Davison, MI

What surgery are they doing?  Are you doing a RNY to DS?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 3/21/14 1:30 pm

Unlikely, since there are so few surgeons capable of actually doing that revision, and Quilici is not one. 

Considering the surgeon, it will be some form of RNY.

JWGirl
on 3/21/14 7:11 am, edited 3/21/14 7:11 am - TOLUCA LAKE, CA

Hi

Quilici is my surgeon and I was ground zero here. I was patient#1 (of 2 people) April 21, 2001 in Burbank. 13 years ago. No complications and 'okay' weightloss. Never got to my goal weight. Maintained below 200 for years but a torn knee stopped my workouts cold a little over a year ago. I traveled out of state and out of country working and it all went to **** nutritionally. So I gained. PLUS I am 13 years older now, age 50, so metabolism and recovery are just not the same, as expected. Still a drag regardless. I got an okay from my primary doctor to see Quilici again and NOW I have health insurance again is also helpful. I plan on a revision with him as soon as possible and have an appt 3/31 to consult with him.

I was thinking Band over Bypass but my main doctor is heavily against banding as is Quilici, though he performs it. Im seeing alot of "Candy cane" type revisions for prior Roux En Y people like myself. Sort of like a sleeve made from the original pouch and the gherid portion also elminated (that causes hunger). Not really a VSG since you have already a bypass but a kind of modification.

My primary I trust with my life so if both are against banding over bypass, Im good. But I AM getting a revision. Cant get below the 200 mark anymore and I just started physical therapy on a knee I may need surgery on as well. Hopefully not. I just need to get moving again and get in my cardio without injury!!! The exercise killed my long term here. And I was 3-5 days a week religiously so Im no couch potato but without it, can not maintain. After SO long without coverage, I now have great health insurance. Im going IN!

Anyway, Im just reaching out to let you know Im having a revision with Quilici and will let you know. Between the PT getting my knee right and the PT is NO joke! They make me sweat! That with the revision should get me below that threshold of 200. I went from 330 to 165 as my lowest. I maintained 175-185 for many years almost without effort. And I was happy. But once I hit over 200 without the exercise, it was a wrap. Im about 235-240 right now.

NTR555
on 3/24/14 2:22 pm - SYLMAR, CA

Thank you so much!  I am so looking forward to hearing about your experience and if you have your surgery laproscopic or open.

Norma

JWGirl
on 3/25/14 12:27 am - TOLUCA LAKE, CA

I had my original laparoscopically and will have the revision the same. I have zero scars from the first one but then..its been 13 years and I had a mini tuck since then. Im not a big advocate of DS. Though I respect those who choose it. Most likely I will have RNY to RNY or version of the sleeve. I cant wait for my consult! And I cant believe Im doing this again but I see it as a 2nd chance to my life.

Kelly10-2009
on 5/3/15 6:41 pm

Update please. Did u do revision with dr quilic I and if so what type 

pineview01
on 3/21/14 1:09 pm - Davison, MI

Have you checked into doing a RNY to DS revision?  It is a very major surgery with few qualified surgeons.  But those that have gone that rout, even with complications and hard recoveries, rave about it.  You have to stay on top of lab and supplementation too.  You might want to search the DS forum.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

NTR555
on 3/24/14 2:25 pm - SYLMAR, CA

Hi there,

Yes, I heard about the RNY to DS. I will check it out.

Thanks!

Most Active