Revising from sleeve to RNY and hiatal hernia

cindyj578
on 1/19/14 7:41 pm - Saint Cloud, FL
VSG on 03/08/07 with

Hi Heidi,  I was wondering how you are doing and is your acid reflux gone?  I am having the RNY to cure my acid reflux.  Praying that it helps.  Please let me know how you are doing and if you could give me any advice on the surgery as I had the sleeve also.  

Thanks, Cindy 

Heidi V.
on 2/18/14 10:15 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14

Hi Cindy,

since my surgery on January 13, the acid reflux is completely gone. I have lost 26 pounds, but it has been a very brutal surgery. It completely wiped me off my feet.

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

Jaieni
on 3/19/14 3:37 pm - Bronx, NY
RNY on 01/14/16

Can you go further into why it's been brutal?  Having similar issues and rny was mentioned. Terrified as this would b surgery 3 if it happens.

Long2beThin
on 5/25/15 7:49 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 04/05/08 with

Heidi, I have VSG and was just diagnosed with a HH, have severe reflux, some weight gain, and found your thread just now... how are you? I hope you are doing better now!

Heidi V.
on 5/25/15 8:11 pm - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14

Hi!

yes, I'm doing so much better. I had my sleeve revised to a bypass and had the hernia repaired. They needed to anchor my stomach down so that it won't happen again. Recovery was a lot slower, but I've had no reflux since. I had the revision and repair done in January 2014.

Thanks for your message!

heidi 

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

Most Active