Update for the New Year!

motomama
on 1/1/14 7:51 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

Just wanting give an update:  To recap, Revised from lapband to RNY on 9/6/13, then entered into stricture HELL!  I had 7 EGD with dilations between the end of September and December 9th.  I was on a full liquid diet for that entire time and have lost 63 pounds.  I haven't had an issue since my last EGD except for figuring out what I can tolerate and what I don't tolerate.  I am so thankful for this forum it has been a true emotional lifesaver for me.  Happy New Year everyone!

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

band2sleeverevision
on 1/1/14 11:43 am
VSG on 02/25/13

Great to hear you're doing well now!  Happy skinny New Year to you.

pineview01
on 1/1/14 2:19 pm - Davison, MI

So glad to hear you are doing so well now.  

You are one of the reasons I tell people waiting between surgeries is really a good thing.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

motomama
on 1/2/14 12:55 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

At first I was really not wanting to tell people what I was experiencing but now I tell my story to anyone who asks.  My hope is that my story will help others with their decision regarding WLS.  I don't regret my decision because I have lost so much so fast and that is a blessing since most who do revisions don't have such quick weight loss the 2nd time around...I can really see my goal in sight but had I known I'd have 7 additional procedures I probably would have waited between my band removal and my revision.  I've had several friends from facebook send me private messages about the ins and outs of WLS and I hope that my honesty can help them make their decisions.  One of my high school friends whom I don't have contact with other than on FB was really considering lapband...I am glad I shared my story because now she is looking at other options. 

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

pineview01
on 1/2/14 5:21 am - Davison, MI

I understand your feelings totally.  I have come out with my story to any interested now.  I never told anybody I had lapband.  I only told when I would hear people thinking about it and than they ran there mouths.  At least I saved them from the band.

As far as waiting between surgeries, I was HOT blushwhen they wouldn't budge on doing it in one surgery when the insurance said they would pay for the sleeve if done at the same time but not if done in two surgeries.  (I did win the appeal so didn't have to go to Mexico

After seeing those that have complications, some very major, I respect my surgeons for making me wait.  I realized they were just following ASMBS recommendations.

So glad to here that you are over yours now and that you have such a great weight loss to show for it at least. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active