denial due to non compliance

yoyo0212
on 1/1/14 6:24 am

I had the lap band placed in May 2006, everything went well and I lost about 90 lbs.  I started to have pain at my port site and noticed I no longer had restriction so I went it have it checked out.  After the EGD it was discovered I have erosion.  All pre op requirements done according to fepblue, but denied due to non compliance.  So after 2 submissions to the insurance company now my surgeon has a peer to peer scheduled for tomorrow 1/2/14.  Praying everything goes well.

Anyone have this type of experience?

pineview01
on 1/1/14 2:11 pm - Davison, MI

Sorry but how the h**l can they call it non compliance when you have erosion?  That is a medical complication if there ever is one and can be life threaten.  Are they NUTs?  That should be a no brainer.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

yoyo0212
on 1/2/14 12:48 pm

Peer to peer denied now on to an appeal.

Kate -True Brit
on 1/4/14 12:51 am - UK

I don't get this!  Erosion is not something we cause! It happens! We can't prevent it and we don't make it happen.  I am not American and don't know your systems but can they refuse to treat something which is potentially life threatening? 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

yoyo0212
on 1/4/14 2:01 am

At this point it is crazy, the peer to peer review was a disaster there were references made to Obamacare not sure what that has to do with it when I pay premiums to the same company for 16 years that just increased this year.  I then get the denial letter yesterday that simply states the psych eval does not include post operative exercise and nutrition​.  So my insurance rep I work with at the doctor's should be able to resolve  this for me hopefully.  

pineview01
on 1/4/14 3:40 pm - Davison, MI

Sounds like they are just being jerks giving you the run around.  I hope this takes care of the problem for you.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active