Lap Band Removed

N. K
on 1/1/14 4:13 am

OMG!!!! The pain. It hurt way worst then getting the dumb thing put in. The percocet they gave me doesn't help at all but I did try some motrin 600 today and surprisingly that seem to help a little more. I had the band removed Monday thank God! Now I have had two surgeries and I weigh over 350lbs still. Ugggghh so whish I had chose the bypass at the time.  But I am still trying to make up my mind do I want to get the DS or not. I can't sleep on my left side because it hurts like crazy but I can sleep a little uncomfortably on the right side. Well I know the pain will subside eventually and I will be in full force search of surgery again. Just venting.

sandi9
on 1/1/14 7:09 am - Australia

Hi N.K.

Yes, the pain will subside, each day that passes will get better. Meanwhile it gives you time to think about which direction to take.

I had  a band put in 2008. I successfully lost weight, but 5 years later, my band slipped, and caused a great deal of damage. I was rushed in for emergency surgery, and band removed, and repair to my insides done. I had to wait 6 months to heal, and for further surgery. I regained all my weight in that six months. It was awful. But 7 weeks ago I went back in, and had a RNY. I am all healed, and losing the weight again. Its wonderful, and I am so happy. 

You too will get your surgery, and your life will be wonderful, be strong, be positive, and its good to vent.:) 

Cheers, Sandi, from Australia.

motomama
on 1/1/14 7:33 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

Walk, Walk, Walk!  It will get the gas out of your system and you will feel so much better.  The area that I had the most pain was where my port had been...hang in there. 

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

N. K
on 1/1/14 10:40 am

Thanks guys for your words of encouragement.

pineview01
on 1/1/14 2:17 pm - Davison, MI

Yes, getting the band out was more painful than getting it.  To make it worse they treat you like it isn't a big deal and sent me home 4 hours after the surgery started and that included the 25 minute drive.  No pain meds either.  Getting my sleeve hurt less than getting the band removed, keep that in mind even though the whole DS will be harder than the VSG.  They also gave me pain meds that made me sick so stopped them and found out I didn't need any other than the first 3 nights to sleep.

Don't give up on your DS because the band is a piece of junk.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active