anyone ever hear of this?

tbone88
on 12/17/13 5:31 am - MO

I was talking to the coordinator with alighterme about the bypass revision I had done in Mexico back in July. All they did was bypass more intestine. I wanted to ask them about getting B.O.B. She talked to the Dr and he said he remembers me and that my pouch was glued to my liver that is why they didnt touch it. This is the first time I have heard this. I just had an upper GI with a small bowel follow through done and my GI doctor didnt say anything about my pouch and liver. This sounds like it could be a problem or the mexico surgeon is just blowing smoke. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

pineview01
on 12/24/13 3:48 pm - Davison, MI

The GI wouldn't show that your pouch is adhered to your liver.  During surgery they would easily see if it was.  If you are already having trouble with adhesions, they last thing you need is the band that causes adhesions.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

tbone88
on 12/24/13 11:18 pm - MO

well My original surgery was in 2000 so the adhesions were a result of that surgery. Can this be fixed? is it something I should worry about?

pineview01
on 12/25/13 12:01 pm - Davison, MI

When they did the revision in July the would have seen it.  It could have adhered any time from the original surgery in 2000 until the revision in July.  They wouldn't be any way to know when it happened.  You may wan to talk to a GI doc about the issues this can cause and if it needs to be addressed.  I would think that it could cause some issues having your stomach stuck to your liver.  But, they may say that it could happen again and not want to fix it.  You would need to find this out from a doctor.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active