RNY Revision Post Ops ?

kaedwards75
on 1/5/14 7:46 am

i am having a rny revision done soon, waiting for all this preadmission stuff to get clear..  I asked this question before.. How much are you expected to lose? someone told me 20 lbs.. ummm yea.. lol hope to hear back from you...78 lbs sounds good to me... wonderful job....

teresara
on 1/6/14 3:19 pm - Miami, FL

Thank you all for taking the time to read my question and respond 

teresara
on 1/6/14 3:20 pm - Miami, FL

What kind of surgery are you going to have as revision? Your original surgery was a RNY correct?

QoftheU
on 1/6/14 3:20 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
Pounds is not the question - percentages is. And it also depends on HOW much you have to lose. Heavier people will lose faster but if you look at percentages of excess weight it usually is about the same ratio.
Good luck - I'm about 2.5 weeks out from a lapband revision - have lost 20 pounds - woo hoo. Although I haven't lost one damn pound in a WEEK. Grrrrr.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

AngelicMythology
on 1/8/14 8:45 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

Thanks.  My surgeon had originally told me to expect approximately a 40 pound weight loss. After my surgery, he said I had a lot of intestines (I guess if I'm going  be a freak, LOL, at least it's internally). He also said immediately after surgery he could see why my body was absorbing so much.

Thank you for the kind words.  I am very cautious still about celebrating my loss since I feel I'm still early out. I just don't want to get catch in that honeymoon period and let my guard down.

I'm open about my experiences, feel free to message me if you have any more questions. Good luck. :)

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

elonda45
on 1/23/14 2:53 am

I am considering a revision, the doc feels I am good candidate for the distal because I had the original rnxy in 2004 and my weight was 326lbs and I lost down to 195 but now after 10 years I am up to 260lbs. I heard so many negative things about the distal such as very little weight loss,nutrition loss, more bowels movement 5x a day and very bad smelling gas. so can you give me a well detail of so what have you experience please.

ally0676
on 1/8/14 3:44 pm

my original rny was in April 2005 i am having the revision soon as well as a hiatal hernia repair. I have had all the testing just waiting on insurance. 

revisionhope
on 1/24/14 4:35 am

Hello, I am also about to have revision surgery on my RNY from 2005.  Weight at tops was 350 got down to 175.  Over the 8 1/2 years my weight has rose to 225 again.  The reason is I keep having to be stretched because of opening closes to my small tummy.  Now I have scarring due to ulcers.  I know I am partly to blame for the gain because I got to eating soft food that would go down okay.  I have noticed some of you taking about distal or proximal RNY and I would like to know the difference.  I really don't know what I had.  My surgery was done laprascopy sorry for the spelling, really had no problems until the last 4 years on scaring.  Please keep in touch with thoughts and your experience as my revision will probably be in late February.  Going to my revision class this Wednesday maybe I'll understand more then.  Thank you everyone keep in touch.  Donna

Most Active