What are your Slider foods

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/13 6:21 am

I and a revision patient .... Wondering what you were personal slider foods are ... Trying to get to the bottom of what that means and how much?

MsBatt
on 12/11/13 3:57 am

A slider food is one that slides right on through your stomach or pouch. What were you revised from, and to what? I have a DS (duodenal switch), and I don't really have any slider foods, because I still have a fully-functional stomach. That said, there are foods that keep me feeling full and satisfied longer than others. When I eat dense protein-rich, fatty foods, I feel satisfied and not-hungry longer than if I eat high-carb, low-density foods. This is partially because carby, soft foods don't stay in the stomach as long, and  partially because carbs cause a blood-sugar spike and then a drop.

To optimize your weight loss and your satisfaction, try to eat high-protein, dense foods like meats, cheeses, eggs, nuts, seafood, poultry, etc., and avoid things like bread, rice, pasta, any grain products, things high in sugar (whether refined or 'natural', like in fruits!), and liquids.

Most Active