Does it work

Kvp1029
on 12/9/13 5:47 am
Revision on 12/28/13

For those of you that have already had some type of revision surgery, did you go through the honeymoon phase again?  Are you losing fairly quickly?  Do you have any regrets or encouragement.  Any insight would be great.  

Kvp1029
on 12/9/13 1:25 pm
Revision on 12/28/13

Seriously, any input would be appreciated!

Ladytazz
on 12/9/13 2:06 pm

I lost better with my revision then I did the first time, but I also was more compliant this time.  I followed the post op instructions to a tee and also addressed the issues that led me to needing WLS in the first place.  The first time I expected the surgery to do everything for me.  After failing that miserably I decided to try something different and following the rules and avoiding the foods that I felt I am addicted to.  BTW, my revision wasn't due to regain, although I did regain most of the weight I lost, but because of issues related to my non compliance that made my quality of life miserable.  So by having a revision I was able to gain a useful tool, restriction, which I didn't have the first time, I eliminated the side effects and was able to be compliant to avoid more side effects.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

ohbearly
on 12/10/13 1:51 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

I am now 4 months post-op Lapband-RNY revision. I did well on my Lapband losing 80 pounds and maintaining for 4 years. I regained 25 in my 5th year as the band was filled, unfilled and constantly tinkered with trying to find hte root of my problems. I had bad GERD, night sweats and quite a bit of regurgitation of food. When I had RNY revision I was at 224 (55 down from initial surgery), I lost an additional 57 pounds over the past 4 months. I have pretty much leveled off. I am at 167 and happy. I suspect I can probably lose another 8-10 pounds. 

Was it a honeymoon phase? I guess relatively it was. It was a fast weight loss with no issues. I know from experience the real fight is maintaining. I am a very active person and know it is key for me keeping the pounds off. Plus, activity is just plain good for my health. 

Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Kvp1029
on 12/10/13 3:49 am
Revision on 12/28/13

Thanks for your responses and I hope the weight loss journey continues to be successful for you both. 

destined2beslim
on 12/12/13 4:19 am - Upper Marlboro, MD
Revision on 12/09/13

I just had my sleeve revision on Monday 12/9.  My pouch was made a bit tighter and I can feel it. I lost pretty fast the first time but stopped losing completely at about 6 weeks.  So far I have lost the weight I gained in the hospital and already losing extra.  I feel the tightness more so this time and the first sleeve didn't take away my hunger.  This time I have to remind myself to take in my liquids and the liquid phase isn't bothering me.

Most Active