BOB- Band Over Bypass 12/30/13

tbone88
on 1/2/14 5:13 am - MO

From what I have read converting from a Bypasss to a DS is very tricky and complicated and alot of Doctors do not have the experience or the knowledge to do it.

MSSEXXC74
on 12/5/13 5:57 am

I too feel it won't work. I just want to say good luck I know how hard it is not to be able to get what you know you need. If you get ins. Under the AFFORDABLE CARE ACT will that help your situation?

MSSEXXC

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/13 6:11 am

I have to be very honest, I've posted many times on this site and get very little support from people...it's very discouraging...

tbone88
on 12/5/13 7:48 am - MO

becuase I honestly dont think you get much support here either just opinions but most people do try do be supportive with their opinions. It kind of sounds like you just want everyone to say yes this is the best thing for you. If you already have 4 opinions from 4 doctors telling you it is right for you why would you come on here and ask for even more OPINIONS if you didnt want to here them?

tbone88
on 12/5/13 7:50 am - MO

And then deactivate your account because you didnt like the responses you were given...I think (opinion) someone needs a bit of counseling before they make any decisions on surgery

pineview01
on 1/4/14 3:37 pm - Davison, MI
On December 31, 1969 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, wrote:

Your getting lots of support.  They just aren't saying what you want to hear.  If Heather is say the BOB won't work for you, I wouldn't have to really, really take a hard look at it.  Why in the world would you go to 4 Doctors if the first two agreed?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Valerie G.
on 1/2/14 5:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

A DS with a world-renowned surgeon in Mexico (Gilberto Ungson) costs just under $20k

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

gal92626
on 5/13/14 4:30 am - Santa Ana, CA

I hope the original poster is doing well. I just wanted to add my own input to this thread with a bit of positivity.

Here's my story: Faced with the same issues, I had a BOB on 10/10/13 after regaining almost 40 lbs. in a very short amount of time after gastric bypass which I had just over 5 years ago. My pouch was a bit stretched but more so the opening.

I had one fill and so far have only good things to report about my band. Having the band placed close to the opening slows the flow of food out of the pouch so it does in fact work even if your pouch is not stretched out.  I lost all the weight I gained and am working on losing more.

Good luck to everyone!

Most Active