Apollo Revision

Rejoyce
on 12/4/13 8:23 pm - Dayton, OH

Is anyone here familiar with the Apollo Bariatric Revision?  Trying to learn more about it from people who have had the procedure.  Thanks in advance.

Joyce
Life is just a stage I'm going through...
HW:253  SW: 230  CW: 170  GW: 140

Rochelle8890
on 12/5/13 2:06 am - Baltimore, MD
hi my name is Rochelle I got my overstitch surgery done yesterday.....I can't really share too much on it since I just got it done.......my throat hurts really bad and I dont feel hungry .....while sipping on water I do feel more restriction.

Rejoyce
on 12/5/13 3:41 am - Dayton, OH

Hi Rochelle, thanks for responding.  Please keep me posted as you progress.  Thanks.

Joyce

heathercross
on 12/7/13 7:47 am - New York, NY

This doesn't work - its not a real revision - it isn't even covered by insurance.  I'd look at something else.  As around, you will hear from many who are now on thei9r 3rd revision bc they didn't chose wisely the 2nd time.

Kvp1029
on 12/6/13 7:10 am
Revision on 12/28/13

Is this the same thing as a gastric pliation?

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/13 9:46 am
On December 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM Pacific Time, Kvp1029 wrote:

Is this the same thing as a gastric pliation?

Nooo, gastric plication is a horrible procedure loaded with long term risk and big regain.  Honestly, you don't want that.

God_is_Good
on 12/29/13 7:23 am

Hi Rejoice,

I've done quite a bit of research on the Appollo Overstitch Procedure. Depending on the doctor you will see results, most people loose about 30 lbs post op, if you work out you can expect upto 50 lbs post procedure. Keep in mind if you need to lose more than that you're better of doing a revision surgery. BTW the overstich is considered an experimental procedure and not covered bt some insurance companies.

Would hate to see you going through another surgery after this doesn't give you the results you're looking for. Keep in mind it is done under general anesthesia,so if you're going to take the chance it's best to do revision which has proven to be  much more effective. Hope this helps in your decision.

Rejoyce
on 12/29/13 8:09 am - Dayton, OH

Thanks so much, you have provided me the best information so far

Joyce

AuntieJen
on 2/4/14 9:10 am

I'm having the Apollo stitch done tomorrow in the morning!  Insurance approved with no problem as I'm about 35 lbs heavier than my lowest weight since VSG in 3/2010.  I'll post and let you know how it goes or you can email me at [email protected] and I can stay in touch with you that way.  I had a friend who had this done in November 2013 and is about 35 lbs down from her pre-Apollo weight.

Gavin B.
on 4/5/17 10:22 am - Orlando, FL

How are you doing after the revision?

Most Active