Band to sleeve recovery

rivieramaya05
on 11/28/13 9:08 am - TX
VSG on 12/16/13

Trying to remember back to my surgery in '08, I don't remember much discomfort. Aside from my port hurting and the incision sites. I was fortunate to not have much pain.... At least none I remember.  What can I expect with my sleeve in terms of pain and recovery? 

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/13 9:44 am

I went back to work 5 days post op with my band to sleeve revision.  No big deal.

band2sleeverevision
on 11/28/13 10:51 am
VSG on 02/25/13

Pretty much the same.  I was tired but not really in pain.

Solo_Dancer
on 12/5/13 10:37 am

OMG.  Are those *****plied to your message, serious?!  I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to go back to work after 2 weeks and one person noted that they went back after five.  I've heard people say that its much more painful and recovery took longer, so I was kind of glad to see this post.

Still haven't totally made up my mind yet.

nessa3678
on 12/22/13 1:46 pm - LA

I had revision from band to Rny n was was back to work in one week.  It was the best decision I've ever made but have been having some problems lately, 2 1/2 years later.  Good luck with ur decision. 

1st goal reached in 6 months!                     
    2nd and final goal to reach by 4/29/11...(10 months post-op)
pineview01
on 12/24/13 3:34 pm - Davison, MI

My sleeve recovery was easier than the band or band removal surgery.  I had them take me off the pain med pump as it made me ill.  Than I had an oral pain med for the drive home and the first three night to sleep.  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active