Revision from sleeve to gastric bypass

yvonne M.
on 11/22/13 6:05 am - garland, TX

Hello I live in dallas tx and had gastric sleeve in May 2009. I have gained almost 50lbs back. I will be cash pay. Wondering who had revision surgery with dr John Alexander. How much did you pay because cash is a very big factor. 

MSSEXXC74
on 11/22/13 6:39 am

Are you revising to the DS?

yvonne M.
on 11/22/13 6:40 am - garland, TX

No I was actually thinking to revise to the gastric bypass. 

MSSEXXC74
on 11/22/13 6:43 am

Oh ok I just thought the DS because you already have the first part of the DS. Plus when people don't loose enough with the sleeve the give the Ds to get to loose the rest of the weight.

yvonne M.
on 11/22/13 6:47 am - garland, TX

I thought a lot about the DS. I think I may loose too much weight with that and plus I'm self pay. I don't make much, I'm a nurse but it's going to take me some time to save that money by myself. So I figure I need to be healthy so the malabsorption from the bypass will do the trick and still keep me at a healthy 160-165lbs. Did you have DS? Mssexxc74?

MSSEXXC74
on 11/22/13 6:58 am

I had rny Nov 9, 2000. Was miserable couldn't eat and dumped ALL the time. Had a revision to DS on Oct. 30, 2013. There are ways to stop loosing with the DS.  Plus its a surgery tool that works for life.  With rny you start absorbing calories again. I started regaining weight because I only could eat soft calories.  It seems it with would be less expensive to get the 2nd part of DS instead of reversing your sleeve then converting to a new surgery. But I don't know.

yvonne M.
on 11/22/13 7:11 am - garland, TX

I have an appointment on Tuesday with a new dr. Hopefully I can get more insight. I've always thought about the DS, but being self pay and single, I have to be careful.

MSSEXXC74
on 11/22/13 3:09 pm

Good luck. There is a doctor Ayoola who took over vetted surgeon Dr. Stewart's practice after he passed recently. He is in Texas and tought highly of. Revisions are very tricky. I hope you have good luck with the new doctor.

motomama
on 11/25/13 9:50 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

I had revision with Dr. Alexander.  I was covered by insurance so I don't know what his cash pricing is like.  While I've had some complications with healing, I recommend Dr. A highly.  Once you are a patient he is easily accessible, I mean like paging him on a Saturday and he calls you back.  Also his office manager and gal Friday is amazing her name is Jennifer Scott.  Have you made an appointment to met Dr. Alexander?  I will warn you, he runs on his own schedule so don't expect to get in and out quickly but in the long run, I think he's worth it. Good luck! 

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

yvonne M.
on 11/26/13 8:56 am - garland, TX

Yes I just met with him today and while I fell in love with the man, that cash price just broke my heart. Wow. I guess I have to find an alternate because he is just not an option

Most Active