Revision from lapband to RNY - Nov 20 and scared

MrsCMT
on 11/13/13 8:36 am
RNY on 08/14/13

I had my band removed Aug 14, my stomach was too inflamed to do bypass at the same time. At my pre-op Appt today my surgeon said he is going to do an open RNY on Nov 20. Anyone have any insight? I have no idea what to expect with an open surgery... I'm so nervous and worried I'm seriously thinking about canceling the surgery. 

Any advice appreciated!

MrsCMT

ebonymc
on 11/13/13 11:06 am

I've had a few friends that have had the open surgery and they have done wonderfully.  As far as being nervous and worried, I'm in the same boat as you. I was so afraid of having the band done that I postponed and postponed until they said enough.  I went to another hospital and finally had it done.  Now I have to have it removed and need to revise to another surgery and RNY is the better choice for me. I think having it openly may be better as far as getting in there and really seeing the whole picture and knowing exactly what to do. Don't worry, and I know that's easier said than done. But go ahead with your plans, you can't be any more nervous or afraid than what I am. So all of you out there reading this, pray for us in our journey and we will do the same for all of you. We need to keep supporting one another b/c we are all here for the same reason.

ebonymc
on 11/13/13 11:09 am

I've had a few friends that have had the open surgery and they have done wonderfully.  As far as being nervous and worried, I'm in the same boat as you. I was so afraid of having the band done that I postponed and postponed until they said enough.  I went to another hospital and finally had it done.  Now I have to have it removed and need to revise to another surgery and RNY is the better choice for me. I think having it openly may be better as far as getting in there and really seeing the whole picture and knowing exactly what to do. Don't worry, and I know that's easier said than done. But go ahead with your plans, you can't be any more nervous or afraid than what I am. So all of you out there reading this, pray for us in our journey and we will do the same for all of you. We need to keep supporting one another b/c we are all here for the same reason.

Most Active