Revision Surgery; Need Advice; Saw Dr. Brennan J. Carmody today @ St. Marys

kbush
on 11/12/13 12:37 pm - richmond, VA

I had gastric bypass surgery in March, 2005. I lost 100 and have gained back 70 lbs. The doctor told me today all he could do would be to go back in and make my pouch a little smaller. He also talked about the risks of leaks after revision. Has anyone done this revision and been successful at losing weight and keeping it off? I appreciate all helpful comments/advice. Thanks and have a great day :)

LadyLilMax
on 11/26/13 10:16 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Hi there,

Just saw your post and I have been been reading about some new procedures called (1) Stomaphyx and (2) ROSE.  Both are transoral from what I gather and are easy, effective and quick... like done in 30 minutes.  Apparently they are able to go in through the esophagus and pleat and stitch the stoma to a small, tight size without any invasive surgery at all with great success.  It is done under general anesthesia cuz who would want a tube down their throat and be aware of it???

Try researching these procedures and see if your doctor does them?

Just a thought.

God bless and good luck.  

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Whit
on 11/28/13 9:29 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi,

Do not be fooled there is no quick fix. Revision surgery is complex and not all Dr.s are able to preform every option. Often a surgeon will recommend what they can do and not what is in the best interest of the patient.  I revised fro RNY to DS. However my road to this decision was not an easy one. It was the right one however. Read my profile. It needs to be updated but it is current up to about 6 months after surgery. 

Go to http://www.dsfacts.com  and really research your options. You have them and are not limited to the skill of any one surgeon.

Best,

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/13 9:42 am
On November 27, 2013 at 6:16 AM Pacific Time, LadyLilMax wrote:

Hi there,

Just saw your post and I have been been reading about some new procedures called (1) Stomaphyx and (2) ROSE.  Both are transoral from what I gather and are easy, effective and quick... like done in 30 minutes.  Apparently they are able to go in through the esophagus and pleat and stitch the stoma to a small, tight size without any invasive surgery at all with great success.  It is done under general anesthesia cuz who would want a tube down their throat and be aware of it???

Try researching these procedures and see if your doctor does them?

Just a thought.

God bless and good luck.  

Stomaphyx and ROSE do not work, not even for a little while. Both have the same results, they lose 20# due to the post op diet and as soon as they start solid food the clips break. Don't waste your time or efforts.

LadyLilMax
on 11/28/13 9:58 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Good to know!  Thanks.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Most Active