Band Revision/Medicare

bcullins
on 11/3/13 10:03 am

I know there has been a lot of talk of Medicare and revision surgery on the forums, but I have not seen specific information on where to go to find a doctor. I had a lap band in 2007, lost a few pounds initially but now weigh more than I did before the lap band. It has been a complete failure. I would like to have revision surgery done and I have Medicare. Can anyone point me to a doctor in Texas that takes Medicare for revisions?

My doctor says that if you call Medicare, the people answering calls will tell you that if you meet the criteria you met before the lap band then you would qualify for a revision and it is not true. The doctor says that when they file it, Medicare will reject those ICD9 codes. I am looking for some guidance from someone who has had a revision paid for by Medicare, if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Member Services
on 11/4/13 12:29 am - Irvine, CA

Good Morning bcullins,

We hope there are members in your area that know of a surgeon that accepts Medicare.  Due to surgeons changing insurances they accept so often it makes it impossible for us to maintain a database based on insurance type.  We can however, provide you with some surgeons in your area that do revisions. Give their offices a call and find out if they take your insurance or not.

David Provost

Denton, TX

120 Reviews

James Davidson

Dallas, TX

136 Reviews

A. Joseph Cribbins

Plano, TX

108 Reviews

http://www.obesityhelp.com/find/bariatric-surgeon/TX/?sortby =default&distance=200&location=&fp=30

If these don't work out here is a link to some others in your area that does the revision.

Regards,

Member Services Team

bethhoward1972
on 11/6/13 7:54 am
I had a rny revishion last week in texas paid for by medicare. The dr office was graet and took care of eveything .Dr.idhe in arlington he is so nice .hope this helps!
bcullins
on 11/13/13 4:02 am

Thanks for the reply...  I called Dr. Idhe's office and I was told that they do not accept medicare for revisions.

Most Active