3 Months Out

ohbearly
on 10/28/13 3:06 am, edited 10/28/13 3:14 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

This week I am at my 3 month Lapband-RNY revision surgery anniversary. I have done quite well with the exception of a story that follows. I am down 54 pounds at 169! I am wearing 34" pants and a medium shirt. I have to say I like what I see in the mirror. It is a surgery that I am very grateful for. #1 I am free of my Lapband problems and #2 I am much happier with my diet as an RNY post-op.

Two weeks ago I experienced a setback. I collapsed on my bike and was very weak. I wrote it off to low blood sugar due to my diet. It got worse in the following days. I found my self in the hospital and receiving 4 units of blood. I had been bleeding internally. Luckily the surgeon found the source as a fissure that was already healing. I go back in 3 months to confirm all is right. I am recovering but it seems slow.

I just want to remind people to watch the signals your body gives you. I had some that I chose to ignore. I was so happy with what I saw in the mirror and with my progress that I thought a little discomfort and irregularity was normal. Life after WLS requires that we watch our bodies more closely. I do not want to put myself back in that position again!

Here is a pic of me taken a few weeks back

Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Member Services
on 10/28/13 7:18 am - Irvine, CA

We are so sorry to hear what you have been through and thankful it came out ok.  You look amazing and congratulations!  Thank you for sharing as your story will benefit us all  

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/13 6:14 pm

Tom, you look great, and congrats on your weightloss success.

Regards

audreya43
on 11/8/13 9:35 pm

Thanks so much for posting portions of your journey because it really does help others. You look amazing! I will be sure to stay in tune with my body this go around. I'm determined to be nifty at fifty!!! I want my temple to be healthy and I'll do what it takes to reach my goals. Blessings to you!

Audrey

Dan M.
on 11/11/13 2:28 am - Stone Ridge, VA

Tom, you look great and thanks for the tip!  I have surgery in almost a week and from post like this and others. I have learned so much.

Keep up the great work and look forward to reading more about your journey. 

Pre-op:  Lost 60 pounds
RYN Surgery on 11/19/2013 

ohbearly
on 11/11/13 2:37 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Dan good luck! The best advice I can give is to be as active as you can after surgery. That is is key in breaking old habits and adopting a new active life. Concentrate on positive changes and the weight loss will follow.-- Tom

pineview01
on 11/11/13 8:21 am, edited 11/11/13 8:22 am - Davison, MI

Sorry to hear you  had problems.  You had your band to RNY revision in one surgery, right?

You're looking GREAT!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ohbearly
on 11/11/13 9:32 pm - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Yes. I had the band removed, as well as my gall bladder, and the RNY at the same time. Doing very well now. -- Tom

Most Active