3rd Dilation's a charm, right?

motomama
on 10/31/13 7:38 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13
Thanks from the encouraging words. I don't have my hopes up. Gotta get past the one week mark without any issues. Then I may get a little excited. So far so good though.

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

ebonymc
on 10/31/13 12:15 pm

I am now banded and have just started the revision process to RNY. I am also trying to avoid heart disease and other issues due to my diabetes and family inheritances.  I hope things go well for you.  

motomama
on 10/31/13 12:19 pm - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

Thank you for your sweet words ebonymc.  Good luck with your revision.  The last year with my band was a nightmare.  This forum is a great place to vent, share your concerns, and be encouraged.  Keep us posted on your progress.

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

sknd34
on 11/3/13 10:53 am - West Fargo, ND

I had a band to bypass revision in nov of 2011. Ended up with 4 dilatations. After the first one, I had a systemic inflammatory response versus a possible perforation which my body healed itself. My first dilatation was 10 days post surgery.The first 6 weeks I was on liquids also. It was rough going, but after getting through the first 2.5 months things got better.  My other issue was I had a terrible time with dehydration. Ended up in the ER several times for fluids.

Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
motomama
on 11/3/13 11:11 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

Thank you for sharing your story with me, makes me feel not so unusual!  My hope was to make it through the weekend without any issues and I did.  So far, so good and longer than I've gone without my stoma closing off.  I've been dehydrated and can not tolerate Whey protein- so that's been a concern of mine. 

Most Active